“Perfect Spot For Cozy Get-A-Way” 5 of 5 stars
Review of At Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel

At Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel
Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
St. Thomas
“Perfect Spot For Cozy Get-A-Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I am a concierge in the U.S. Virgin Islands and I just adored this place. If you are looking for a unique hang out, this is it. The beach is just a short walk across the street and just down the road there is an absolutely awesome bakery (turn right and go down 6/7 blocks on right)...I spent an hour there just looking at all the goodies. They have a sister property with a cool pool near by. Ask the front desk for directions. I would advise contacting the property and telling them your ETA so they will expect you. Most visitors taxi to the property, so those driving should ask in advance where to park and let them know you are arriving in your own vehicle. Taxi service to Old San Juan or other locations is arranged by the front desk. They provide safe and secure transportation. The bar downstairs was very welcoming and had coffee service in the morning. I enjoy walking in the early morning and there is a lot of interesting architecture on the way to the bakery.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Jodi L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

I had just driven three hours straight from Rincon and when I got to the hotel I called to see how to get into the parking area. I was told the parking was full and I'd have to find street parking. Street parking in San Juan is indescribable. I found a spot three blocks away and had to drag my luggage through broken sidewalks and narrow cobblestone streets.

Then immediately after opening the front gate there is a steep stair case that I had to lift my luggage up. The lady at the front desk walked me to my room which was nice. She was excited to point out the tiki bar, but when I went to get a drink no-one was around.

The room was ok, the cable didn't work but someone from the sister hotel came to look at it and fix it for me. I wouldn't stay here again if I had a rental car. Period. The parking was a deal breaker and I would have cancelled on the spot but I would still have been charged the full nightly rate.

Believe it or not, if I didn't have need for parking, I probably would give it another chance. The parking was just too much for me to overcome.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Bobbie Jo C

Travelers are raving about these San Juan hotels

Ithaca, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My friends and I tried every bit not to spend a lot of time in the hotel. The bathroom was TERRIBLE!! The shower was so small...and the curtain needed to be changed. Water would get everywhere. The management needs to upgrade all the furniture and flooring. I never walked around without flip-flops on.

The pool was the best part of the hotel, even though it was small. If you want to stay away from the strip and casinos...stay here. You will make up for it in cab fares ($15 to/from the strip) :-(. The Acacia Hotel is the sister hotel, and it was MUCH NICER than the Wind Chimes.

Room Tip: Stay at the Acacia Hotel, which is the sister hotel. Much nicer...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank EcoMoore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Cute Spanish style B&B. The room I got by it self near the pool and on top of it a balcony. It was big and cozy. For a solo trip it was perfect.
Suggestion: I had to ring bell and wait over 10 min to check in (7pm) some guest opened the door for me. I had to wait in lobby another 5 min. One person handling everything. He was great though, lots of recommendations given by him, and a personal escort thru facility and to the room. This make it up for the wait.
The B&B is one block away from the beach and to calle Loiza where all the good restaurants are.
I will definitely stay there again

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Olga G
Plantation
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I had stayed at this establishment before, I love it because of the location, and the old Spanish decor. The staff is very friendly, and helpful. But the parking situation is horrific! My first stay here I had paid for parking that they have on the premises which only fits 4 or 5 cars sardine like, and pray your rental doesn't get hit. This past week I could not be so lucky, because all the spaces were taken, every night I had to drive approximately 30-60 minutes to find a parking space. On the last night of my stay I had to walk 3 blocks to the parking lot of the Double Tree Hotel, after spending nearly two hours looking for parking, the cost $25.26. I spoke to management about the possibility of renting a parking local and shuttling the guests to and from, but he just shrugged his shoulders. This could be an awesome place!

Room Tip: Pool area, and the two bedroom on second floor are great.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank KBPO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to stay around the area for a night,this was the best stay!!! The room is a lil small but it's comfortable! The shower head is a low But since I'm short,Perfect!! The beach is right across the street!The staff is great & friendly! The pool was nice and clean and they even let us swim all night (if you're quiet)! Overall .. Right place !!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Yanira V
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We checked in on a Sunday when we arrived to PR. We went by it twice since I could not see the entrance. Well, there is no entrance. I called and was told to find a parking on a side street since the hotel does.not have one. We parked and in what it felt like a walk of shame, we rolled our luggage up to the hotel were let in and took our luggage up the stairs to the lobby. Once there the staff was nice and the room were rustic but nice. We had a nice stay for the one night there. I wished they had someone to welcome the guest and help them get into the property. Some type of arrangement for parking would be great.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple