All reviews boat bar sister hotel puerto rico closer to the beach old san juan ceiling fan small pool bebo's cafe few blocks short walk to the beach condado beach small hotel hot tub beach towels nice beach acacia pr
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Cute Spanish style B&B. The room I got by it self near the pool and on top of it a balcony. It was big and cozy. For a solo trip it was perfect.
Suggestion: I had to ring bell and wait over 10 min to check in (7pm) some guest opened the door for me. I had to wait in lobby another 5 min. One person handling everything. He was great though, lots of recommendations given by him, and a personal escort thru facility and to the room. This make it up for the wait.
The B&B is one block away from the beach and to calle Loiza where all the good restaurants are.
I will definitely stay there again

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Olga G
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I had stayed at this establishment before, I love it because of the location, and the old Spanish decor. The staff is very friendly, and helpful. But the parking situation is horrific! My first stay here I had paid for parking that they have on the premises which only fits 4 or 5 cars sardine like, and pray your rental doesn't get hit. This past week I could not be so lucky, because all the spaces were taken, every night I had to drive approximately 30-60 minutes to find a parking space. On the last night of my stay I had to walk 3 blocks to the parking lot of the Double Tree Hotel, after spending nearly two hours looking for parking, the cost $25.26. I spoke to management about the possibility of renting a parking local and shuttling the guests to and from, but he just shrugged his shoulders. This could be an awesome place!

Room Tip: Pool area, and the two bedroom on second floor are great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank KBPO
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to stay around the area for a night,this was the best stay!!! The room is a lil small but it's comfortable! The shower head is a low But since I'm short,Perfect!! The beach is right across the street!The staff is great & friendly! The pool was nice and clean and they even let us swim all night (if you're quiet)! Overall .. Right place !!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Yanira V
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We checked in on a Sunday when we arrived to PR. We went by it twice since I could not see the entrance. Well, there is no entrance. I called and was told to find a parking on a side street since the hotel does.not have one. We parked and in what it felt like a walk of shame, we rolled our luggage up to the hotel were let in and took our luggage up the stairs to the lobby. Once there the staff was nice and the room were rustic but nice. We had a nice stay for the one night there. I wished they had someone to welcome the guest and help them get into the property. Some type of arrangement for parking would be great.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ecancel
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I did my reservation through Expedia, a double room with two queen bed and a parking space. Before arriving at the hotel I called to reserve my parking space and they put me on a waiting list. Upon my arrival I was told by the staff that they gave up our parking space to somebody else. Once in the room, I found two twin (single) beds instead of the two queen beds that I had reserved. The staff members said “the bed size is a special request and it is not guaranteed, the most important thing was given to me, the two beds”. Next day the smoke detector went off and when I informed the staff of the problem, they told me not to worry about it because the beeping sound of the smoke detector was going to go out in a minute. Fifteen minutes later the annoying beeping sound continued, the problem was resolved by removing the smoke detector from the room and never replaced back. The staff never came to fix it, so I slept all night without a smoke detector. How is it possible that they will allow guests to sleep in a room without a smoke detector? It is a safety concern for the guests staying in the hotel. When I was checking out the staff member named Calvin was very rude while I was explaining to him all the inconveniences I’ve encounter. He decided to blame it on Expedia. If you decide to stay at the Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel just do it at your own risk!

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends