“COULD BE PARADISE!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Plantation
“COULD BE PARADISE!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I had stayed at this establishment before, I love it because of the location, and the old Spanish decor. The staff is very friendly, and helpful. But the parking situation is horrific! My first stay here I had paid for parking that they have on the premises which only fits 4 or 5 cars sardine like, and pray your rental doesn't get hit. This past week I could not be so lucky, because all the spaces were taken, every night I had to drive approximately 30-60 minutes to find a parking space. On the last night of my stay I had to walk 3 blocks to the parking lot of the Double Tree Hotel, after spending nearly two hours looking for parking, the cost $25.26. I spoke to management about the possibility of renting a parking local and shuttling the guests to and from, but he just shrugged his shoulders. This could be an awesome place!

Room Tip: Pool area, and the two bedroom on second floor are great.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank KBPO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to stay around the area for a night,this was the best stay!!! The room is a lil small but it's comfortable! The shower head is a low But since I'm short,Perfect!! The beach is right across the street!The staff is great & friendly! The pool was nice and clean and they even let us swim all night (if you're quiet)! Overall .. Right place !!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Yanira V
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We checked in on a Sunday when we arrived to PR. We went by it twice since I could not see the entrance. Well, there is no entrance. I called and was told to find a parking on a side street since the hotel does.not have one. We parked and in what it felt like a walk of shame, we rolled our luggage up to the hotel were let in and took our luggage up the stairs to the lobby. Once there the staff was nice and the room were rustic but nice. We had a nice stay for the one night there. I wished they had someone to welcome the guest and help them get into the property. Some type of arrangement for parking would be great.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ecancel
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I did my reservation through Expedia, a double room with two queen bed and a parking space. Before arriving at the hotel I called to reserve my parking space and they put me on a waiting list. Upon my arrival I was told by the staff that they gave up our parking space to somebody else. Once in the room, I found two twin (single) beds instead of the two queen beds that I had reserved. The staff members said “the bed size is a special request and it is not guaranteed, the most important thing was given to me, the two beds”. Next day the smoke detector went off and when I informed the staff of the problem, they told me not to worry about it because the beeping sound of the smoke detector was going to go out in a minute. Fifteen minutes later the annoying beeping sound continued, the problem was resolved by removing the smoke detector from the room and never replaced back. The staff never came to fix it, so I slept all night without a smoke detector. How is it possible that they will allow guests to sleep in a room without a smoke detector? It is a safety concern for the guests staying in the hotel. When I was checking out the staff member named Calvin was very rude while I was explaining to him all the inconveniences I’ve encounter. He decided to blame it on Expedia. If you decide to stay at the Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel just do it at your own risk!

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank TuristaBoricua2014

Travelers are raving about these San Juan hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was a guest my sisther was staying and invited me to spend a weekend and i thought it was very nice.Loved the pool!! Room 122 its upstairs and very silent nice big beds and no noise.i will be staying with my husband soon for vacation

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank edj787
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We spent our honeymoon here and we are attached to this place. We also know the local area very well. It's great for couples because it is very private and not crowded like the big chain hotels. The pool is available and most of the time you can get it to yourself.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ometa O
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you are expecting a lavish hotel with amenities you never use, then this is not the place for you. The hotel is rather small as well are the rooms. But they include all the essentials. If you are on vacation are you really going to be spending a ton of time in your room anyways? It is a great experience if you want to have more of a local experience. And it is one block from the beach, 5 minutes from restaurants.

They have a beautiful pool and it was never crowded. Actually, we were the only ones every time we used it. They have a bar at the hotel, which is nice after spending all day in the sun. The bartenders are very nice and offer a great must-see advise.

The best part about this hotel was the front desk staff. They were awesome. Not only did they go out of their way to make sure we were comfortable, but they helped us plan all of our daily activities. From which bus to take to Old San Juan, to the best restaurants, to calling a cab, the front desk staff was great. Could not have asked for better individuals to assist us on vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple