“Great location for the beach!”

At Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel
Ranked #34 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Wind Chimes was about a block from the beach which was great, and perfect for a trip with friends. Easy walk or cab to bars and restaurants. The rooms were nothing special, but good for the price in that area. The pool was small but fun to have. We were a large group and the hotel ended up splitting us between this hotel and their sister hotel down the block, which wasn't ideal, but in the end didn't really affect us since they are indeed that close. I'd recommend for friends or couples, not really good for family trips.

Room Tip: We had a suite style room on the second level that included a small seating area outside which was g...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank NoraMango
There are newer reviews for At Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed here only one night, because it was so bad, and we only wanted to leave. It seemed like we were disturbing the receptionist when we arrived and he were almost to lazy to show us our room - we didn't felt welcome at all. The shower was so bas that it was more easy to just use the sink, the pool is much smaller than the pictures looks like and there is no bar or breakfast area at the hotel - but at another hotel, where it is really expensive and the service is even more slow and lazy. There is so many other places to stay in that area, so there is no reason to even think about visiting this hotel :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank simves
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I found the hotel to be very quaint. It was very cozy and always clean. I had breakfast at their sister hotel which was fresh and tasty. The different people at the front desk were always helpful. It is also about a block away from the beach so definitely in walking distance. The location was near Condado so that was a plus. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Whenay
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about this place... As a solo female traveler I felt very safe! Great Location! I was scheduled to leave on 4-4-14 which was the friday before my bday 4-5-14 I decided to change my flight! I'm from Massachusetts its cold here! So waking up in fabulous puerto rico on my birthday is what i did! All Thanks to the lady at front desk! (I wish I remembered her name) She was so awesome! Let me stay in my original room.. so no check out hassle or moving! Cant remember bartenders name but he was tall dark & very sociable I enjoyed the bar whenever he was there... Second time in Pr & I had a great time! I also like to say the hotel was very quiet & i liked that! Even though it was my birthday I wanted to just read, relax & eat! ;-)

Room Tip: I was in room 108 first floor bar, lobby. pool, door to exit hotel all right in front of me... I was...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 143,455
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The parking at the hotel is limited to three spaces. We were leaving very early (4 AM) and I wasn't at all happy about parking on the street a few blocks away. Calvin responded compassionately and put us in the parking lot, and generally helped above and beyond the call of duty. I expect people who deal with tourists to be burned out- not here! Or elsewhere in Puerto Rico, for that matter.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This boutique hotel was charming and impeccably clean. The A/C units are all new and modern. A plus in San Juan for sure.

The biggest problem I have is with the tricky parking. There is only room for about 3 vehicles, so don't fail to get a reservation for parking at the time you book the room. Even with 3 cars. getting in and out of the tiny lot is tricky.

I must also point out that, on the booking web site I used, booking.com, the parking rate is $10 per day. In reality, it is $15 per day. Just sayin'.

Room Tip: Don;t accept the rooms in the tiny alley in the back (for ex room 113). They are so dark, they might...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We arrived loaded with 2 heavy suitcases to encounter two old houses surrounded by a wall with
entry only allowed by getting buzzed in through wall door. Immediately one must climb several
stairs to get entry into front house......not easy with yard man continuing to water the stairs and yard. Front desk clerk, female, very pleasant which we did not find with the other desk clerks, all
male. Our room, walk through front house, across yard, behind second house, much on narrow
uneven walkways. The room, needs updating, furniture early flea market, basically clean, dark
like being in a cave. Location of room was facing the bar with loud TV . No food available on the premises. Neighborhood....across street 3 large old houses abandoned.

Beach one block away. Supermarket (Supermax, well supplied) about 4 blocks away. Small
swimming pool.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple