$142
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
El Canario by the Lagoon(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Restaurant
$197
$179
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Breakfast included
$367
$289
$351
$324
  • Pool
Olive Boutique Hotel(San Juan)
$240
$199
$209
$189
Travelocity
$332
$289
  • Pool
All reviewsboat barsister hotelpuerto ricocloser to the beachold san juanocean parkceiling fanbebo's cafesun deckshort walk to the beachsmall hotelhot tubnice poolbeach towelstwo blocksacaciacondado
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The parking at the hotel is limited to three spaces. We were leaving very early (4 AM) and I wasn't at all happy about parking on the street a few blocks away. Calvin responded compassionately and put us in the parking lot, and generally helped above and beyond the call of duty. I expect people who deal with tourists to be burned out- not here! Or elsewhere in Puerto Rico, for that matter.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This boutique hotel was charming and impeccably clean. The A/C units are all new and modern. A plus in San Juan for sure.

The biggest problem I have is with the tricky parking. There is only room for about 3 vehicles, so don't fail to get a reservation for parking at the time you book the room. Even with 3 cars. getting in and out of the tiny lot is tricky.

I must also point out that, on the booking web site I used, booking.com, the parking rate is $10 per day. In reality, it is $15 per day. Just sayin'.

Room Tip: Don;t accept the rooms in the tiny alley in the back (for ex room 113). They are so dark, they might as well have no windows at all. I said the Restaurant and Fitness center are awful because they do not have any and Tripadvisor won't let you leave it blank.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We arrived loaded with 2 heavy suitcases to encounter two old houses surrounded by a wall with
entry only allowed by getting buzzed in through wall door. Immediately one must climb several
stairs to get entry into front house......not easy with yard man continuing to water the stairs and yard. Front desk clerk, female, very pleasant which we did not find with the other desk clerks, all
male. Our room, walk through front house, across yard, behind second house, much on narrow
uneven walkways. The room, needs updating, furniture early flea market, basically clean, dark
like being in a cave. Location of room was facing the bar with loud TV . No food available on the premises. Neighborhood....across street 3 large old houses abandoned.

Beach one block away. Supermarket (Supermax, well supplied) about 4 blocks away. Small
swimming pool.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gypsytwo
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Booked a 2 week vacation , San Juan, Vieques, S.W.Fl. Arrived in Vieques 3/26 had a reservation at wind chimes on 3/31. 3/28 got a call from relative caring for dogs, one of my dogs suffered a life threatening seizure/stroke. Cancel all vacation plans try to race home, JetBlue..awesome, Priceline..awesome, car rental.. Awesome. All of these companies had compassion and humanity for our situation and gave us a full refund. "Pet Friendly" At Wind Chimes...NO. FULL CHARGE. We booked them based on good reviews and always feel better when we see "pet friendly". The cost of the dogs emergency was well beyond our vacation budget. Enjoy the free cash wind chimes owners..hope you spend it on your pets.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rubyfredo
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I arrived a little before 2pm to find that yes, check in is at 3pm. At the time I arrived at the hotel, the staff person was a bit rude about this which I didn't care for. I do love the property. I had stayed at another hotel closer to condado avenue. The location was closer to more restaurants but was noisier. This location was nicer because it's in a residential area: very quiet and peaceful for sleeping. The staff was very knowledgeable about the property and very helpful with getting around and offering choices on where to eat and visit while in PR. My room was very clean and well maintained. I even had the room right next to the bar in the hotel. At first, I was concerned about it being to noisy to sleep, but they close the bar at 10 so there is no risk of being woken up in the middle of the night.

Overall, wonderful, quaint little hotel. I would definitely recommend staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo