$123
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

El Canario by the Lagoon(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$84
$78
  • Breakfast included
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Breakfast included
$193
$169
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$135
$174
$250
$189
  • Pool
All reviewsboat barsister hotelpuerto ricocloser to the beachold san juanocean parkceiling fanbebo's cafesun deckshort walk to the beachsmall hotelhot tubnice poolbeach towelstwo blocksacaciacondado
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Calvin at the front desk went completely out of his way to make sure my stay in Puerto Rico was perfect. The service provided was amazing considering the fact that the price is extremely fair for being in a tourist area.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Earlynevalate201
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed from 07/23-07/27 At Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel. To be honest, at first reading the reviews I did not know what to expect. Yet, everything worked out just fine and we really enjoyed our stay. Our stay was just perfect for us the entire week. We were never in the room much because we were out sightseeing and visiting the points of interest on the island. At night we went to The Boat Bar. There is a GREAT bar tender who is so nice and helpful. She made excellent drinks and helped us with pointers for places to eat around the area. The rooms are somewhat small and the bathroom is very small, but we made it work! We rented a car and had our hubcaps stolen, which is the only thing that was bad, but that is to be expected in the city. The hotel is just outside of the Condado strip area so you need to walk to get to the tourist places and restuarants, but it is not a far walk at all. We walked one night and drove one of the other nights to the Condado area. The beach is very close to the hotel and is a nice beach. We did check out the sister hotel down the block and swam in the hot tub. The sister hotel is much more upscale, but At Wind Chimes is just perfect as well. There was room service and free towel service (for beach towels) avaiable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TexansFW
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was my first time visiting Puerto Rico so you could imagine my excitment, It was such a horrible check in the clerk at the front had a grumy face and showed us to our room, never mentioning there was coffee availalbe in the morning, never advising us we had access a hot tub at the sister hotel down the block. Once at our room we found ourselves staring at a tiny room with a full size bed, and after booking I called the hotel and asked of the room details, I was advised I would have a king size bed with a balcony. (Which that was the only reason I had decided on Wind Chimes instead of Holiday Inn) it was only a $40 a differance a night and we stayed 8 nights
When my husband and I confronted the front desk he made insuating comments that we were not being truthful! We had to pay $10 a day for parking , mind you the gate wasnt working so either my husband or myself had to run in the hotel to get someone to open the gate! Not only could you not make outgoing calls on the phone, you couldnt receive calls either! I was told they would call someone to fix it, after reading all these reviews I could see that is only a line they use!!!!! The remote from our room dissapeared, when we confronted the front desk we were advised that they were "updating" so we would have to use our fingers as clickers! ( I kid you not) The towels were so rough could scratch your face if rubbed the wrong way! We had maid service every nite but no sheets ever changed!! The lighting was so bad my husband had to shave in the employee bathroom! I could go on but I will share my last night with you! Me and my husband decided to have a swim our last night only to find locals smoking marijuana and bathing in underwear (this is true I promise you) when we confronted the front desk, get ready for this " He told us this was common on the island!!! I can gaurentee you this is not common, we traveled almost the entire island on our 8 day stay!! The hotel manager was very nice, but the staff speaks for him! When we addressed our concerns the only thing we got was "I am so sorry" Reading the reviews poor service seems to be the thing at this place, for a little more money you can stay at either Holiday Inn! I wish I would have it really ruined alot of the experiance for me! Do yourself a favor DO NOT STAY HERE we stood between 7/15/2012-07/23/2012

Room Tip: Unless your paying top dollar the rooms are horrible! And for top dollar you might as well as stay in a resort!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank kim s
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

The hotel itself is very pleasant and clean. As soon as you enter it's a welcoming and fresh environment. Front desk very attentive and courteous, the pretty lady walked us to our room and gave us a quick tour. Found this place here on T/A thanks to everyone for the comments very helpful. We only planned on one night being that we got a great deal. I recommend this hotel if you want privacy and a nice tropical room stay!!! A bit isolated the neighborhood is a little sketchy would not recommend walking Calle Loiza at night.. Pool is small but loved it .. Very warm and romantic at night / the bar looks well stocked but did not get to have a drink .. Maybe next time! ! Pick up a few menus for take out and order before 11p at the front desk, if you plan on staying in... Hope this review helps ;)

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Caramelkiss723
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have stayed At Wind Chimes Inn a few different times, and it is definitely my choice whenever I go to San Juan. The rooms are a bit small, but comfortable, and to be honest, when you are travelling to Puerto Rico how much time are you really spending in your room? The staff have always been friendly, and the little Boat Bar towards the back of the inn has not only great drinks and light fare, but excellent staff. It's a great place to have a cup of morning coffee or a quick snack in between sightseeing and time at the beach, which is only about a block or so away. Located in Condado, in a quieter neighborhood, also lends to the appeal. You are within walking distance to more "touristy" areas, but have a quiet place to rest at the end of a busy day.

Room Tip: Go for one of the full or deluxe rooms. The standard economy is rather cramped, even for one person, and the price isn't dramatically different.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends