At Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$408
$242
  • Pool
All reviewsboat barsister hotelpuerto ricocloser to the beachold san juanocean parkceiling fansmall poolbebo's cafesun deckoutdoor barshort walk to the beachsmall hotelhot tubrented a carbeach towelstwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband and i stayed here to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and we were NOT disappointed in the least. We had an amazing time, the room was big, had a curtain to divide the room into two, a futon for the kids to sleep. Had a refrigerator and microwave. The manager was so helpful he even gave us his personal map to use. We got great tips on things to see and do and great directions and didnt get lost once on the island. The only negative thing was that the "Boat Bar" was only open one night during our 5 night stay oh and wifi was sketchy but that is good if you need to leave the "world" behind. We would have enjoyed hanging out at the bar. There is a great feeling of slow life felt here. We were also welcomed on our last evening when we walked down to the sister hotel the Acacia and swam in the enormous hot tub. It was huge! The Acacia is very Zen like and a little more upscale. We were extremely excited by the room that we stayed in was "#125' even though it was a mere coincidence. There is no parking per se for the hotel but we were able to find closeby parking every night. This is definitely a hidden gem on the island. Go and stay there if you get the chance. Tell Popo(the cat) we said hello.

Room Tip: There was no fitness center or restaurant. Great getaway, especially if you want to hide from the world. Ask for a room up above the bar area. Room 125 was great
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BusyBuford
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I love the location of this place; it is block to the beach, and within walking distance of the casinos and restaurants. It's on a busy street - but that street takes you straight to Old San Juan - no turns! There are signs on the street that announce: Danger! You are now entering the assault and theft zone, but I felt perfectly safe walking around the neighborhood at all hours of the day - even the dark. I must say though, the hubcaps were stolen off my rental car the last day. And, although I was warned about the lack of parking, I was able to find a spot right next to the hotel each day.
My room was clean, but a little darkish - one lamp didn't work. Also my bed and pillows were hard as rocks. The people who work there weren’t the friendliest in the world but, they weren’t down-right rude either. The bar looked as though no one had been in it for months. I would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was off the lobby - I heard everything . . . There's also a "cave" by the pool, I'd avoid these rooms if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank WyoBuzz
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was wary of staying here, especially after reading the reviews. However, we snatched up their deal of the day rate - which I found directly on their website - and we were able to stay 5 nights for $375!

On our very first night, we arrived at 2 am. We were hot, sweaty, and tired. There was a mixup at the front desk, so the night attendant put us in a room for the night and told us to come back in the morning to speak to the manager. We were put into the tiny room (112) that everyone on this site seems to be complaining about. Yes, it was small, but it had a comfortable bed, a working AC, and a TV. We passed right out. After a stressful day of traveling, it seemed like the most comfortable sleep in my life.

We awoke the next morning and went to the front desk to figure out the issue from the night before. Turns out, I had booked the reservation under my partner's name and was totally oblivious to that fact at 2am the night before. The manager was helpful and quickly got us sorted away. We were able to move our luggage into the room across from where we stayed the previous night - 113. It was several sizes bigger than 112.

Pros:
The bed was comfy.
The AC worked gloriously well.
The TV worked (we're not night owls, so we spent a few hours each night unwinding in bed).
The room was quiet.
The front desk attendants were courteous and very helpful.
Only a few blocks from a gorgeous beach (it wasn't even very crowded!)
The pool, while small, was very relaxing and never crowded.

Cons:
Yes, the bathroom is small. But it wasn't that much of a big deal to us. The toilet, shower, and sink worked perfectly. However, the door is very thin, not allowing for much privacy when using the toilet (and with Puerto Rican food, I guarantee you'll visit the toilet several times during your trip - especially if you have the mofongo!).

**********************************************************************************************************************

This hotel is perfect for the world traveler who is budget minded, and looking for comfortable accomodations after a day of exploring Old San Juan or walking on the beach.

About the travelers: We were a mid-20s couple on a 4th of July vacation from the US.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladyforsci
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of days. Some rooms are lovely and quaint and have refrigerators and one I saw even had a stove- others are very small with a bathroom so tiny it is hard to navigate. Things move slow here- so if you want fast service, not the place. But the nearby beach is quite beautiful and the bakery down the road is good. Also, breakfast at the sister hotel is very nice.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gloria73
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We booked 3 rooms at this hotel for our group based on the price, which fit our budget. We were traveling with teenagers and spent three nights. Check in was somewhat slow, parking was nonexistent and directions to possible parking were vague. Having read the reviews we were skeptical about what what we would find upon entering our rooms. What we found were quaint, clean rooms, though a bit small (2 out of the 3). The youth enjoyed the pool, our group did fill it up as it is on the small side. The walk to the beach was short and the time spent there was enjoyable. We also found Kasaltas panaderia, which is well worth the walk for breakfast. We spent most of our time sightseeing and out of the rooms, using them for showers and sleeping, but they served our purpose. If you want all the amenities of a luxury hotel this isn't the place for you, but if you are looking for a quaint, cozy spot you should consider this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends