I arrived at the hotel early in the afternoon, so was not expecting to be able to check-in, I just wanted to store my luggage while I went exploring. To my surpise, my room was ready, even though check-in is not guaranteed until 3pm. A bellman loaded my luggage (quite a bit since I was settling in for a 3 week stay while waiting for my apartment to be ready) and escorted me to my room, informing me of the hotel's amenities and services along the way.
I was once again surprised to find that my room had been upgraded to a junior suite, due to the fact that I was staying so long, they wanted to ensure my comfort during the stay! My suite had a huge balcony with furniture, my room was more than I would have ever dreamt or needed. I felt guilty being in such an accommodation for so long without paying more for it.
Throughout my stay, housekeeping was excellent. Even if I declined service, I would arrive back to my room to find coffee and towels replenished.
Everyone I encountered from front desk agents to housekeeping to engineering to restaurant staff were extremely polite and helpful (I don't speak Spanish).
The fitness room offers everything I could want, the pool is beautiful and well cared for, the food and service in Palio restaurant is excellent. I even had the opportunity to speak with some of the senior managers at the hotel who mingle with guests in the lobby each afternoon.
I would highly recommend this hotel for all of the above reasons to anyone looking for a place to stay in Old San Juan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel is situated in the heart of historic and romantic old San Juan district. We are ideally located on the waterfront, just a few moments from the docking point of grand cruise ships. We are literally "Steps from Everything" as you can walk to over 200 restaurants, cafe's, pubs, shops & much more. There is also a secluded beach 0.7 miles / 13 minute walk across Capitol - Senate house in Old San Juan or a 1.1 mile scenic walk to pristine Escambron beach which has food kiosks etc. Discover why Old San Juan is the Caribbean's most visited city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel And Casino
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Sheraton San Juan
- San Juan Sheraton
- Old San Juan Sheraton