A large group of cruisers stayed at the hotel prior to our cruise. Arrived a few days early to enjoy San Juan and surrounding areas. Check-in was very fast and the staff was quick to unload our bags (a lot of bags). My wife and I stayed in a very large suite with a separate bedroom and dining area; think it was called a governor’s suite. The room was very clean. We had great views of the harbor and town from the room. The concierge was fantastic and helped us decide where to visit. We did not have any special request so cannot comment on that. I attempted to stay out of the nice casino, but as always got pulled in by the beautiful sound of slot machines. Our stay was enjoyable and I would recommend this hotel for visitors to Old San Juan.
The hotel restaurant and associated burger restaurant are a little pricey, so wonder up the hill a few blocks (off the main tourist strip) into Old San Juan and you will find many local inexpensive restaurants.
As a side note, this hotel is a little pricey, but you are paying for a nice clean hotel in a great location. We had 4 folks in our cruise group who decided to stay at a budget hotel up in Old San Juan they booked through an online service. They departed immediately upon arriving at the hotel and ended up at the Sheraton. Be careful when booking pre-paid hotels from discount hotel sites because some may not reimburse you, in this case, they booked through one of the well-named reputable sites and were able to get their money back. They also enjoyed the Sheraton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel is situated in the heart of historic and romantic old San Juan district. We are ideally located on the waterfront, just a few moments from the docking point of grand cruise ships. We are literally "Steps from Everything" as you can walk to over 200 restaurants, cafe's, pubs, shops & much more. There is also a secluded beach 0.7 miles / 13 minute walk across Capitol - Senate house in Old San Juan or a 1.1 mile scenic walk to pristine Escambron beach which has food kiosks etc. Discover why Old San Juan is the Caribbean's most visited city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel And Casino
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Sheraton San Juan
- San Juan Sheraton
- Old San Juan Sheraton