Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel
$263
$199
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Restaurant
El Canario by the Lagoon(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$96
$93
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$114
$239
$339
$319
2,440 results
All reviewsrooftop poolacross the streetold san juancruise shipsenor frogswithin walking distancefree trolleyburger placeroyal caribbeanstored our luggagehotel restauranthotel is in a great locationupgraded to a suitehistoric sitespre cruisesmall balconyel morro
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Hello all! I'm currently staying in this hotel and first I'd like to say that my wife and I vacation at least three times a year so were pretty experienced when it comes to traveling. So when we booked on Jet Blue website this hotel it wasn't made clear that although we were landing in San Juan Puerto Rico at 230am the non refundable room rate quoted was not the actual cost. in fact, unless we wanted to wait until 3:30 pm to checkin we'd have to pay an additional $60 plus tax. So for a one night stay in a small room we paid nearly $250. To add insult to injury when we pulled up the parking is $20 or you can park on the side of the hotel if there is parking right next to the several homeless people sleeping on the benches. I really wouldn't have minded if I was traveling alone but since I was traveling with my wife and two children(4 and 7 year old) I was a little concerned when one these drunken hobos was screaming at me for not tipping him for utilizing the public street parking. My rental car was vandalized when I believe this pissed off guy yanked on my bumpers and left it hanging.(I could be wrong though) so I bit the bullet and paid the $20. Besides the tiny swimming pool, this hotel has nothing what so ever for the kids to do. For the money we spent we could have stayed at the Embassy Suites which include breakfast to order! The staff were friendly although we needed new towels because the ones in our room had yellow stains on them. The front desk said they'd send them right up and three hours later we just asked one of the cleaning ladies who were more then happy to help. Again the staff were friendly so my experience is no reflection on them. I will say if you come alone or just a couple looking to wait until your cruise ship comes in then this place is good because the ships dock right across the street. otherwise Save yourself the disappointment.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank ibodre
Armando E, Director of Sales at Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear guest from New Jersey,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We regret you had this experience due to the time of arrival of your flight. All hotels on island, check-in time is around 11am although we do make exceptions whenever we have the rooms available, but at 2:30am, the $60 fee is reasonable. We also have self parking for our guest just 40 feet away at Dona Fela and our Associates should have informed you of this at check-in. We hope you and your family did enjoy the rest of your trip.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The staff here was very friendly and helpful--every one always had a smile on their face when we encountered them! The hotel is in a great location for exploring Old San Juan and a 10-minute walk to everything you need. Great place to stay for a few nights! Room on the Starwood Preferred Guest floor was clean and spacious with great views of the water. The gym was small but well-equipped with new machines and weights. Didn't use the pool, but managed to lose some money in the casino :) Overall, a great choice in Old San Juan!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor facing the water
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Armando E, Director of Sales at Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Carol from California!
Thanks for sharing your experience and compliments here. Nothing makes us happier to know that your valuable time off was memorable. Hope you had a pleasant journey back to Cali and that we have the pleasure of your visit again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My mother and I stayed at the Sheraton in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico while on vacation. Joseph S., one of the bellmen there was our greatest help! Joseph recommended many restaurants (within walking distance) that were excellent! He gave us directions that were exact and we had no problem finding the places that he recommended. Joseph made our experience there at the hotel a very good one and went above and beyond our greatest expectations to help us in any way that he could. He was very professional, informative, and very friendly...a nice balance. He was prompt in assisting with our bags and wasted no time in getting us in/out of our arranged transportation. Also, I must mention Luis & David who were also friendly, informative, and eager to help us as well!
When we arrived our room was not ready and to keep us from waiting, and as to better accommodate us the manager upgraded our room...and boy, was it worth it! The view was excellent...ocean view and cruise ships/ferry! We could feel the breeze at night from the ocean and actually wanted to sleep with the balcony door open...it was so relaxing! Also, you must experience the tasty food that Pallio (inside restaurant) has to offer...request Fernando as your waiter if you want great service with a smile! He was excellent and very friendly!

Room Tip: The 8th floor was quiet for us. Also, there are vending machines on some of the floors. Try to book an ocean/ship view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Candice from Alabama,
Thank you very much for taking notice & names of all Associates that contributed towards your great experience here. Your feedback will be shared accordingly. We all hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed there with my mom and daughter for one night (Friday to Saturday) because we had an early flight the next morning and we live 3 hours away from the airport. Location is perfect for visiting the Old San Juan and if you are taking a cruise. It's about 15 minutes from the airport. Room was very comfortable and clean. Pool was very nice, my mom and daughter enjoyed it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Maria from St. Loius!
First of all, you're daughter (photo posted @ pool) is super cute. We are glad you enjoyed your visit although too short. Don't be a stranger and hope to welcome you sometime soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel staff were super friendly and helpful, always going out of their way to make recommendations and suggestions. They were definitely the best part of the hotel. It has a good location but is NOT right next to the cruise ship pier. You will have to take a taxi. Also, there is no television (unless you pay way too much for a movie) so if you enjoy watching the news in the morning or watching TV before you go to bed don't stay here. The room was just ok and would have been better if it had a mini fridge.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank McKenna S

Dear Guest from Illinois,
Glad to see compliments about our Associates. We understand the role every trip has on everybody's memories - you just never forget wherever you have traveled. True, on must check if your particular cruise is docking in the Panamerican Piers (2 miles away), but if you had selected a closer property to your ship, you most certainly would have taken a cab to visit Old San Juan since it's the place to be and be seen. Also, not sure what happened with your cable-TV services. We use the same "On-command" cable system of the brand and offers plenty of channels in english besides the paying movie option. If this was not reported to one of our associates, would really appreciate a note to us with your room or dates-name in order to inspect this right away. sales@sheratonoldsanjuan.com Hope to see you all back soon.