In all seriousness, winning in the casino was just icing on the cake. The location of this property, can't be beat! After staying at another location in PR for a few days prior to arriving at this hotel, I appreciated the easy access to restaurants, shopping and historic sites. There is a free shuttle a block away from the hotel that takes you around Old San Juan. It was a pleasant surprise to be able to get a tour around the island for free.
I found the hotel to be very clean, and the staff extremely helpful and friendly.
Though there is no beach access within walking distance, there is a great beach within a 15 minute drive.
The one word of caution is not to eat at the restaurant located in the hotel, the food was not worth the price. There is a burger place located in the hotel that was very good.
Overall, I absolutely enjoyed my stay here, and I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel is situated in the heart of historic and romantic old San Juan district. We are ideally located on the waterfront, just a few moments from the docking point of grand cruise ships. We are literally "Steps from Everything" as you can walk to over 200 restaurants, cafe's, pubs, shops & much more. There is also a secluded beach 0.7 miles / 13 minute walk across Capitol - Senate house in Old San Juan or a 1.1 mile scenic walk to pristine Escambron beach which has food kiosks etc. Discover why Old San Juan is the Caribbean's most visited city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel And Casino
- Sheraton San Juan
- San Juan Sheraton
- Old San Juan Sheraton