Stayed here with my wife in mid April for 4 nights. The location can't be beat being cruise-ship central (we are not cruise people but it seems many people stay here prior to cruises) and in old town San Juan where there are great bars/restaurants (e.g.Marmalade, Dragonfly etc).
Am platinum member and was upgraded to corner room, I believe on 7th floor if I remember correctly, highest floor suite which was nice. The rooms are standard Sheraton fare. The view was nice, clean, spacious suite with a balcony area but room furnishings and room itself probably are in need of a renovation; not deal breaker but just honest observation. The bathroom itself also was standard Sheraton bathroom (personally I would upgrade the whole hotel and make it more trendy/chic given amazing location a la W or even Aloft but guess its just Sheraton brand).
There is a small pool and decent gym on top level (personally feel gym was a little small for size of the hotel itself but it had standard equipment). The WiFi was free as SPG member and worked fine with no problems. There is a small casino on ground level with mostly slots and some tables (it isn't Vegas but nice for a short little break). There is a restaurant and banquet area on 2nd floor; we had complementary breakfast every morning (SPG amenity) which was standard buffet course with typical American breakfast (bacon/scrambled eggs/sausage and fruit/grains/cereal if you don't want to get a heart attack); the service in the restaurant was somewhat slow and in fact we had an issue one day that was resolved wonderfully by management and staff (kudos to Raul Fantauzzi at front desk, Alejandro Rios Front Desk Mgr and Leonardo, restaurant manager for their prompt response and thoughtful resolution of the issue) who not only addressed the issue but made us feel welcomed by their prompt and courteous response!
--Location near cruise ship terminal/old town San Juan
--Casino (small but ok if you are into that type of thing; we didn't spend really anytime here but that is just us)
--Service was attentive and friendly and as SPG member they not only acknowledged our SPG membership but they were very hospitable and "took care of us." The hotel is very standard but the service alone plus the SPG amenities alone make me loyal to this brand. I would stay here again just
--There is an evening wine reception (we didnt make it but free wine is always a plus!)
--Got room using SPG points + Cash so for that price was relative deal. . .don't know what going room rate is so can't address if room rate is deal etc
--Hotel entrance is on side street on one way/one lane street which is where valet is located so can result in back-up of traffic/this entrance can be hard to find initially.
--Only two, slow, elevators for the entire hotel
--Valet is only parking option
--Hotel itself probably needs facelift but not a deal breaker; just feels a little dated
-Room was facing the valet street side and apparently there is a Senor Frogs nearby with accompanying trash dumpster (we could see it from balcony as well).. .well every morning the trash dumpster would be picked up and we would have an unwelcome morning wake call from the cacophony of loud metal banging against metal (Contrary to my wife who gets awoken by any slight sound, I can sleep through an atomic bomb explosion and I even was awoken up!)
Probably would stay here again on return trip to San Juan as we love Old San Juan and love SPG brand!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel is situated in the heart of historic and romantic old San Juan district. We are ideally located on the waterfront, just a few moments from the docking point of grand cruise ships. We are literally "Steps from Everything" as you can walk to over 200 restaurants, cafe's, pubs, shops & much more. There is also a secluded beach 0.7 miles / 13 minute walk across Capitol - Senate house in Old San Juan or a 1.1 mile scenic walk to pristine Escambron beach which has food kiosks etc. Discover why Old San Juan is the Caribbean's most visited city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel And Casino
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Sheraton San Juan
- San Juan Sheraton
- Old San Juan Sheraton