The Sheraton Old San Juan is located bang in front of the harbor so it is in a very highly trafficked area. The hotel mainly caters to a lot of the cruise crowd what with its proximity to the boats. The hotel does look and feel like it is in a different decade with the casino and the bright pastel colors decor.
Parking at the hotel is pricey at approx $22 a night. There is a lot behind the hotel (Dona Fela lot) where parking is a flat $4 from 6 pm to 6 am and you pay an additional 50c for every hour you are there. Our one day parking came out to be about $8.
Check in was smooth, the ships were leaving the day we arrived so there was no one at check in. We were checked in, recognized as a Platinum guest, given my amenities and upgraded to a one bedroom suite. Now while the hotel is fairly old, the one bedroom suites are pretty sweet in terms of the view. The room its self is average but more than comfortable and will meet all your needs but being able to stand at your window and have these massive cruise liners in your face is pretty awesome. The front desk even mentioned that the ships would be leaving later that night and what time so we could be in our room to watch them depart.
From what I can tell, there aren't that many of these rooms. There are only a few rooms actually facing the ships so if it is important to you, I suggest asking for it before hand or paying for the room. The club lounge sadly was closed due to renovation. They provide you with some match play coupons as well to use in the casino. Water and starbucks coffee is provided in the room. The pool is small but nice and on the rood and offers some nice views of the area.
The real pro of this hotel though is its location. You can walk just about anywhere in Old San Juan from this hotel. There are hundreds of dining options as well as bars nearby so you are not spoilt for choice. Yelp led us to some fantastic meals, or just wandering the cobble stoned alleyways will lead you to some great discoveries.
Other than the hotel being old, there really is not much to fault at this property. The staff were good, the location fantastic and the room more than comfortable with great views. Very much enjoyed my stat and ill definitely be back here the next time I am in town!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel is situated in the heart of historic and romantic old San Juan district. We are ideally located on the waterfront, just a few moments from the docking point of grand cruise ships. We are literally "Steps from Everything" as you can walk to over 200 restaurants, cafe's, pubs, shops & much more. There is also a secluded beach 0.7 miles / 13 minute walk across Capitol - Senate house in Old San Juan or a 1.1 mile scenic walk to pristine Escambron beach which has food kiosks etc. Discover why Old San Juan is the Caribbean's most visited city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel And Casino
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Sheraton San Juan
- San Juan Sheraton
- Old San Juan Sheraton