I came to PR with a group of friends and we all stayed at the Sheraton. First impression was it is very convenient for old town san juan and the cruise terminals. Additionally, it's very lively at night if you walk around a bit. There are some great restaurants close by, plus bars and clubs just a few blocks away. The rooms aren't bad, maybe we got lucky but I didn't have any complaints about the rooms themselves. We easily walked around Old Town from our hotel, going through the fortresses and city shops. One thing, and I'm not sure if I was just lucky, but the casino tables are hot. Blackjack I kept winning (and no i'm not really much of a black jack player). Seriously, I'd spend like $250 for the day and win mroe than that back at the casino. I repeated this several nights. it's a small casino, slots and a few card games (roulette being one too) but was nice to unwind in the late evenings. It seems to aslo be open all day and night.
Food we didn't eat at the hotel, their Pina Colada is awesome though, not sweet like it is here but very tasty. Last thing I didn't really feel threatened by that may be because I was in a group (talking about the area now). It is dark at night, lot of people around walking up to food carts and such...but didn't feel any more or less scared then I would normally. if you get a good price, sheraton is pretty good stay. Recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel is situated in the heart of historic and romantic old San Juan district. We are ideally located on the waterfront, just a few moments from the docking point of grand cruise ships. We are literally "Steps from Everything" as you can walk to over 200 restaurants, cafe's, pubs, shops & much more. There is also a secluded beach 0.7 miles / 13 minute walk across Capitol - Senate house in Old San Juan or a 1.1 mile scenic walk to pristine Escambron beach which has food kiosks etc. Discover why Old San Juan is the Caribbean's most visited city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel And Casino
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Sheraton San Juan
- San Juan Sheraton
- Old San Juan Sheraton