“Good value and great location”

Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel
Ranked #19 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The hotel is in a great location right in the old town of San Juan and is just a minute away from the center. Although the hotel is quite dated the rooms were fine and the bed very comfortable with lots of feather pillows. Good water pressure in the shower too. The jacuzzi up on the roof was also pretty good fun in a tropical storm!

We also hired a car through the Hertz desk at the hotel and the girl working there was extremely helpful and friendly.

Altogether a good hotel for the price and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,384)

Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed here for three nights on our way to a sailing trip in the BVI's. The location can't be beat -- easy in/out access from Old San Juan, and it's walking distance from everything in the area. The staff was friendly and the rooms were comfortable and clean. The furniture is a bit worn and there is a funny smell in the hotel that takes some getting used to...

Our room overlooked the bay, right where the cruise ships come in and out, which was neat, but could get a bit loud. Our room had a French balcony, which added to the ambience. Also has a casino, but we didn't have a chance to play.

Overall, a very comfortable, functional place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2011

My husband and some friends of ours stayed here for 2 nights and it was pretty much what we expected - nothing fancy, but centrally located and within walking distance to everything we wanted to do in Old San Juan. The pool is small and there is no beach, so if you are looking for those things I would stay elsewhere, but if you are looking for a convenient location from which to explore Old San Juan, I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the water
2  Thank Oliver578
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Good value, friendly service, great location in the middle of Old SJ with food and things to do, clean rooms, and the water pressure in the shower was amazing! We also really liked the outdoor pool and the jacuzzi, which lit up in different colors at night. We will definitely come back if we ever return to Puerto Rico.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Bajomono
Reviewed December 2, 2011

My friends and I stayed here for a night before our cruise. I arrived WAY earlier than they did - around 6am to be precise - and we couldn't check in until the afternoon. So I spent a lot of time in their lobby. I'm happy to say that the lobby is comfy and a good people-watching spot. I spent part of my time looking into the casino which opened at 8am. (Yikes!) It has a couple of restaurants, including one on the ground level right by the casino.

The location is wonderful if your cruise happens to be leaving from one of the ports it's across from. Ours didn't so we had to take a taxi over but the location is also excellent to explore Old San Juan from. This is a beautiful section of the city and one you should not miss.

Since I was playing the waiting the game I interacted with a few of the staff members. They were all very nice and helpful. The breakfast buffet was a little steep at $15. It didn't really have a selection of food that would merit that price unless you ate several plates of it. And it was too much of traditional American breakfast. I ate there because I didn't know where else to go at 6:30am!

I was a little concerned about the noisy restaurant in front of the hotel which was going full force by the time we returned to our room to sleep. We were only on the 4th floor and I though its sound might travel up. I was so happy to be wrong and we didn't hear a thing. The room although very basic in its decor - white comforters and curtains - was comfortable and clean. The beds were great and covered with wonderfully thick and plush comforters which just make you want to sleep extra long.

The location is great too for touring beautiful Old San Juan. There are cruise ships right across from the hotel. Ours, unfortunately, was a taxi ride away. But hey, you may get lucky!

My only complaint is the sensor on the lights. I woke up to use the bathroom and the foyer light popped on. One of my friends told me that this same light came on by itself at another point during the night. Either the sensors are way too sensitive or we had a ghost. I'm going with the sensor story...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank garridogal
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Hotel good for cruise customer , location in front of the pier and in the middle of the Old San Juan.Hotel is busy on saturday and sunday, expect wait for 20-30 minutes
Room is very clean, bathroom need update.Property is nice, location is great and room is good

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed 2 nights before leaving for a cruise. did not rent a car and wanted to be in Old San Juan. Property was clean and room was standard but somewhat worn. Staff was helpful. Pool area is small but we got a place to sit both days. Can pick up drinks at Chicago Burger Restaurant to take to pool area if you want. The restaurant had outdoor seating with live music on Friday night. The free trolley/bus system is easy to catch near hotel thus we toured the Forts on our own.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends