“Clean and Nice”

Condado Beach
Ranked #17 of 200 things to do in San Juan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Beach that extends for several miles east of downtown (Old San Juan), which is lined with high-rise resorts and packed with sun worshippers.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Clean and Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

So far this is one of the nicer beaches. It's clean you can bring your own cooler which makes for a lot cheaper drinks as are super expensive.

2 Thank Nickm4242

• Turkish first
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A True Hidden Vacation Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

If you are looking for a getaway, especially during the winter and are coming from the states, the Condado Beach PR is a great place to visit. We went to Condado for the very first time in February of 2010. I wish I would have listened to my brother about this place a long time ago.

We rented a studio for only $100.00 with a view of the ocean. If you really want to save some money, look online and try to find condo rentals the Condado area and you will be able to find plenty. My best advice is to book well in advance because the area is starting to really get popular.

The beauty of Condado is that it's still a hidden treasure. While most people are heading down to Fla, or Mexico, the warm, friendly beaches of Condado await.

We went to a local grocery store and purchased all our food for the week. Our basic plan was to go out for dinner each night, and have the rest of our meals at the Condo. The beaches are very clean, and safe. I would reccomend trying to find a Condo to rent on Ashford Street, near the Marriot hotel.

Plenty of tours to go on when you are down here. We kind of went over board and went to the rain forest, caves, and Old San Juan in a 3 day time period. I would not reccomend rushing everything.

Try to stay away from the Old San Juan tourist trips. You can basically get in a Cab for a few bucks and get dropped off right in the middle of the city.

Below I listed a photo of the condo we stayed at. However, you can choose from many condos that are down there on numerous web sites.

17 Thank Frankiestarlight
NYC, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2008

We stayed in Condado Beach Mariott Solaris a total of 5 nights in late November. Though the ocean water was warm and pleasant, the surf on Condado beach was fairly high. Also, much of the beach is eroded, with widest beach area effectively by the Mariott. Some of the properties along the beach strip were older/not well maintained, however, the area in general seemed safe.

If you plan to stay in Condado, expect very few affordable places to eat. Your choices are either Burger King/Wendys/Starbucks or $20 entree type meals. There is nothing much affordable that's in between. Also, there is very little entertainment in the area.

8 Thank alina987
Indianapolis
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Condado Beach is Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2007

Stay in Candado for the beach, love Condado area for the food.

2 Thank Prodigal_Hoosier
NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Super Cool Condado”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2005

The reason why I am so taken with Condado is that it is very unique, I've been to many countries and beaches and really have not seen anything like it. With Condado you have an awesome meshing of two radically different enviroments, the city and the beach. For me it is great, as I am a beach bum displaced in the Big Apple. I am like a fish out of water outside of major cities, but at the same time I need to go to the beach as often as possible. Condado is perfect for that.

You have the crystal clear water and super fine soft sand, but you also have the fun urban environment in such close proximity. As you can see in the photos, the grafitti and construction certainly don't undermine it's beauty. Personally, I think it gives the area unique character and a distinct urban beauty all it's own. I have been hanging out there regularly over the past few years and have never gotten bored with it.

Condado has all the perks of an island beach in the Caribbean, but you don't need to leave civilization to get to it. The water is a warm heavenly temperature. This past weekend it felt like a massive jacuzzi. Despite Starbucks being right around the corner, I still felt worlds away. This was my first trip in a couple of months, and I had been spending much time this summer at the beaches on Long Island. When I first stepped on the sand it felt like baby powder. It was a great Welcome Back greeting.

It has been cleaned up quite a bit, with the re-construction of La Concha, they have done a little work on the beach and it is looking great. Whilst I don't think that this is a beach for everyone, I would hate for people to be scared off by what may have heard.

74 Thank cbcito