When we arrived at the Conrad at around 3:30 our room was still not ready. Although check-in is at 4, they really should have had the rooms ready alil earlier. They said they would call us when it was ready but never did. We came back a few hours later and it was finally done. However, we were able to leave our bags with the concerige so that we could go out and explore the town or use the pool.
The hotel is very modern and beautiful inside and out. The rooms are really nice and roomy and the beds super comfortable. There is an in room safe which was great. The pool areas were amazing and really pretty. There is a big main pool that has a volleyball net, swim up bar, and a waterslide. Then there is a salt water pool and a hot tub. On the other side of the hotel there is yet another pool and hot tub. The only problem with the hot tubs was that they were not very hot, just luke warm. The outside property is goregous, with great views and lots of palm trees.
Their beach area is man made. After reading reviews i was skeptical about the beach but it turned out not to be so bad. There is plenty of sand area and the water is very clean and clear. There is also a ton of fish, which makes it a great snorkel spot!
The drinks and food in the hotel are overpriced, but I guess thats normal. The casino was small but had every type of game you did. There are resturants and bars in walking distance of the hotel, however the places don't get too busy. Most of the nightlife and good eaterys are found in old san juan. You will need a cab to old san juan, which depending on your driver may cost 10 bucks or so. There are buses for 75 cents but they only come every 45 mins and there is no schedule, so you could be waiting forever.
Overall, I am very glad I picked the Conrad and I would certiantly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham