The Condado Plaza Hilton
$170
$239
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$114
$309
Orbitz.com
$339
$319
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$149
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
4,942 results
All reviewscafe caribelagoon sidesalt water poolocean viewpuerto riconoodle barold san juansmall beachglass showerswim up barpool arearopa viejaashford avenuecoffee makermain poolopen hoursconcierge desk
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Not a good place to stay. The escalator wasn't working for several days. The elevator wouldn't stop on the right floors, people were getting off the wrong floor and just taking the stairs to get to the right floor. There was a leak in the casino ceiling, so they put out a blanket to catch the water. The restaurant Names didn't match the menus. We went to the same restaurant twice and got two totally different dishes. The food was terrible and expensive. We spent $40 on breakfast at the cafe by the pool and they served me one egg, one round piece of bacon, one small piece of watermelon, toast, and some sort of orange juice powdered mix. It seemed weird to me that they didn't serve fresh orange juice or even fresh fruit. They served my husband fruit cocktail from a can with his breakfast. We got back from a tour late one night around 11:30 and all the restaurants were closed, except for the 8 Noodle bar, which is a good restaurant.
I thought that it was weird that we had to give our room number to borrow an umbrella, which had a completely broken handle and was an advertisement for some insurance company, and we had to give a room number to borrow towels for the pool. When you go to borrow towels, they leave the complete hotel list on the counter. You can visually see every name, room number, and how much they are paying per night. I was shocked to see that most people were paying $119-$150 a night, especially when we were paying $244. ERRRGGGG!!
It is so disappointing to know that they are considered a five star hotel just because it is a "Conrad". Usually, the Conrad is impeccable.
The final disappointment came at check out. They had said that if we purchased four nights that we would receive a coupon for a free nights stay at any Conrad that we could use the next time we stayed at any Conrad. The coupon read, "Purchase 3 nights and receive 1 nights free stay". So, we have to purchase another 3 nights to receive a free nights stay. And, the 3 nights have to be at full price.
The hotel isn't in a good location. It is in between Condado and Old San Juan. The other hotels around it are all closed down and boarded up.

1  Thank ckstocker
JPadin, Director of Operations at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

As soon as I read your comments I went to both restaurants, Aqua Bar & Grill and Cafe Caribe, and spoke with the manager and owner. I tasted the orange juice and I saw the fruit side dish that comes with the Full American breakfast, you are absolutely right not the quality we expect, therefore I asked both of them to change it as soon as possible. I also spoke to our Senior Guest Services Manager, Edgardo, about the umbrella and our Pool Manager, Victor, about the guest list but please know that we do not have $119 rate our lowest rate is $189, city vista and subject to availability. The rate could be lower if you are part of a group, corporate account or if you buy the Advance Non-Refundable Rate. In regards to the Winter Escape promotion, please know that our website clearly states the information about the future certificate. The promotion also includes full breakfast and a $50 resort credit for every two night with a maximum of $200.

To all Tripadvisor users; if you have any questions about our facilities, services, packages or need assistance with any special request, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail, text message or phone. My e-mail is jose.padin@conradhotels.com, my office number is 787-721-1000 ext. 2016 and my cellular number is 787-307-8762.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Saludos,

José C. Padín
Director of Operations

Reviewed January 18, 2010

Back from a cruise, we've stayed at the hotel for one night, Saturday, 2010, January 16th. The room was large (lagoon tower) enough, clean, a/c quiet and efficient, bath room clean. The main concern are : a) walls too thin, we can hear everything from the corridor and other room, b)door slaming dance, you'll hear a loud noise from any door on the third floor at least when they will be close (once every 15 minutes from 9PM until 4 AM), c) no control at all from the hotel employees on the party on the third floor, saturday night. Is it really a Hilton ?? Did we really pay 200$ for the night ? Saturday we had a breakfast at the Cafe caribe, 4 persons, 2 eggs/meat/toats/coffee, we have waited 35 minutes before someone has welcomed us. Then, 10 minutes later we went to ask to get coffee, very bad service and bad coffee also. We've paid $ 52 ! A lady (short, young) who work at cafe caribe, was really good, did the apologise for everything. That person deserve to manage that restaurant.

try another hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank moimemeQuebec
Reviewed January 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for one night prior to a cruise. I was impressed with the whole experience from start to finish. There is a lovely little beach, very pretty pools and well maintained grounds. The lobby and main public areas are immaculate and very modern looking. Our room was beautiful with a great view of the ocean from the balcony. The casino was lots of fun, and I won which made it even better. You can't go wrong with this hotel. I have stayed at various other hotels in Puerto Rico and would rate this as one of the very best. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and if you have any questions or concerns contact Jose in guest relations he is the man. Thank you Jose for making our trip a memorable one.

Reviewed January 16, 2010

Rooms-we rented a "family suite" which was really just a regular sized room cut in half with a small sliding glass door in between the rooms,minimal privacy. The room looks deceivingly large in the online pictures. Beds were reasonably comfortable
General hotel areas-are nicely decorated. Some areas smell bad. Only one elevator to our room functioned and there were very long waits
Beach-was ok, next to a bridge/busy road, so no ambience and loud
Pool-was nice, there is a cool kid's slide and pool bar, a separate salt water pool
Location-on Ashford avenue, you will still need a cab to Old San Juan which is really beautiful. The hotel is next to an abandoned building covered in grafiti. We felt overall safe walking on the street
Service-poor except the valets
Restaurants-we did not eat here, except Starbucks in the morning

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2010

We stayed just the one night prior to a cruise. We should have been booked into the Caribe Hilton but arrived to discover that they (hotel) hadn’t made a reservation. We then got moved to the Conrad. The staff were excellent, from reception to the bar (drink much needed after 15hrs travelling). The rooms spacious, modern and clean, breakfast was well presented and varied.

The outside decking and pool area overlooking the sea a real bonus for a hotel so close to the city. Nice place to stay from what was a disappointing start to our in San Juan.