My friends and I stayed at the Conrad for four nights. The hotel looks like the pictures, very nice, modern, etc & we got in on the deal where you get the 4th night free & even received a $100 credit to use anywhere in the hotel. Our trip was a blast however.....we will not be staying at this hotel when we go back.
#1 - The concierge was very unhelpful and like another review said the tours that the hotel sets up are far overpriced. Most tourist attractions in San Juan are very budget friendly. You'll do far better to rent a car from the Enterprise that is next door to the hotel. The people at Enterprise were actually far more helpful than the concierge with regards to restaurants, attractions & how to get around (which was fairly easy).
#2 - The 2nd night/3rd day we realized that we were bitten by bed bugs or something. Luckily there is a Walgreen's down the street where we could get stuff for our bites. We changed rooms which was a little better but when we asked for some kind of help for our trouble one of the managers had a little attitude and seemed very un-surprised & unapologetic about the fact that we were bitten up. (We weren't the only guests bitten up either)
#3 - There is no REAL beach attached to the hotel, you have to go up the street towards the Renaissance hotel and enter Condado Beach there. Wasn't too big of a deal considering it was a 7 to 10 minute walk...but The Conrad's website is a little misleading.
We had an AWESOME time despite the bed bug bites however, we won't be going back to the Conrad when we return to San Juan!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham