After reading some of the reviews, I frantically tried to get another reservation elsewhere, but without success. So I expected the worse. The hotel is in a major city. Ashford Avenue is a major throughfare in the area. So of course the hotel is located on a street. So is any major hotel in any major city. The hotel is located at the tip of a penisula, with the Atlantic ocean forming the northern border of the hotel. We had a lovely room with a balcony and a very comfortable king size bed overlooking the lagoon. This was a southern exposure, so the balcony was engulfed in the sunshine all day. It was a great location to get to the Pan American cruise terminal, as Ashford Avenue becomes a causeway which leads to the terminal. The hotel was in excellent condition cosmetically, and very clean. The casino was lively with free entertainment along side the Casino. Drinks were priced on the high side, but very well prepared. There was a very reasonably priced Tony Roma's restaurant on the premises, as well as a very good ice cream shop. I am puzzled about the security issues raised in other reviews as the hotel was crowded, people were walking on the streets at night, and the room had its own individual safe. If the El San Juan and the Intercontinental are 4 stars, then this is a 3.5 in comparison. If you consider those 5 star hotels, then this was a 4 star hotel. I stayed at all three, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel, and I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham