What a dump. I stayed with friends during the week of New Year's Eve. I would never stay at the Wyndham Condado or in Condado at all if I go back to Puerto Rico. If you are young, single, and looking for fun things to do (including a decent beach), do NOT stay at the Wyndham Condado. First off, dealing with the staff was a huge hassle. Check-in was painfully slow, the staff gave us a hard time for requesting extra TOWELS. The concierge of this "brand-name" hotel couldn't speak any English and were useless in recommending restaurants, bars, beaches, etc. The Condado State Beach is disgusting--it is framed by rocks, trees which don't let any sunshine in, and a rusty bridge surrounded by construction machinery. And it is TINY with NO waves. The beach area was so small and overcrowded most of the time.
Pool area okay, but was so windy when I was there that the chairs were flying around.
In terms of restaurants and facilities, the restaurant the Wyndham advertised as the greatest seafood place in San Juan wasn't even open anymore. And the spa/salon was inexplicably closed too. Yet they are both widely advertised all over your room.
We stayed on the "lagoon" side, which had a view of ugly rooftops. Our floor smelled like paint and varnish the whole time, and the carpet was moldy and ripped up and ratty. I expected much better from a Wyndham.
The hotel was crowded with families and kids, and though the casino was nice, it took forever to get a drink.
If you are young and looking to have a fun time in San Juan and a halfway decent beach--stay at the Wyndham El San Juan in Isla Verde (it's worth the splurge) or El Conquistador.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham