The Condado Plaza Hilton
$229
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
4,942 results
All reviewscafe caribelagoon sidesalt water poolocean viewpuerto riconoodle barold san juansmall beachglass showerswim up barpool arearopa viejaashford avenuecoffee makermain poolopen hoursconcierge desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2004

We checked into the Condado for one night before heading to the south side of the island for a week. At check-in, we were asked to sign a waiver confirming it was for one-night only (we thought it was bec. they were booked solid the next day). We entered our room around 10pm - called room service and was told the wait was 45 minutes so we asked her to cancel the order and said we would head to the restaurant and casino instead. We were gone 3 hours max - the next day we realized over $5K in valuables had been taken from our room (cameras, jewelry, etc.).

We think they specifically target single-night guests. Room service was aware of our intentions of leaving the room. Perfect opportunity. They assume if you're leaving the next day, chances are you're not going to unpack completely and by the time you realize something's missing - you're probably home already and your bags have been through the airport, etc. making it difficult to know where the theft occured. It was the start of our trip so we hung around and filed a police report. I wonder how prevelant this practice is. You'd expect a Hotel like the Condado, with a casino esp., to have serious security in place but they obviously don't. We asked to see a record of keycard entry for our room or video from the halls and they refused obviously. A security guard in the lobby told us that their hiring practices were so poor it doubles thier work load. They not only have to look out for shady guests, it's the staff that's frightening.

Again - we think the scam operates on single nights guests but who knows. We won't be staying there again.

9  Thank nymamasita
Reviewed November 8, 2004

The location on the water is beautiful, not much of a beach, though. Our room's furniture was beat-up, the bathroom light fixtures were falling off the wall, and there were tiny black bugs everywhere. The service was VERY poor and the food and drinks were TERRIBLY expensive for what you received. The hotel felt very overcrowded. For a wonderful dinner within walking distance, try Ropa Vieja and Ajili Mojili (excellent Puerto Rican food).

2  Thank Julie C
Reviewed November 1, 2004

Hotel was OK for one night before we boarded our ship. Would not stay for any longer. The hotel needs a good cleaning where you check in, odd odors. We stayed in the lagoon side of the hotel. The elevators got stuck on the 4th floor at times because of a short circuit. The 3 (three) phones in the room, the only one that worked was the one in the bathroom. The desk phone and the night stand phone never worked. VERY POOR MAINTENANCE STAFF that would not listen to anyone.
At checkout time they had one girl checking out everyone and one girl checking people in. NOTE: Can't have people checking in, if rooms are not available.
Taxi cost is $10.00 to Old San Juan, The Ship Pier. Plenty of Taxis.
Better Place To Stay is the Wyndham Old San Juan - walking distance to Old San Juan, Senior Frog's, Carnival Pier.

1  Thank Leonard K
Reviewed October 20, 2004

I stayed here on October 9th 2004, Before my cruise. WOW i was so Suprised. I Loved it !!!!, and i must admit im Very picky.
The staff was Fantastic
The food was Great
The casino Fun
The rooms Wow

Id reccommed this resort to anyone , it was wonderul, pool private beach and all.

4  Thank Gary85018
Reviewed October 17, 2004

I just returned from a week long stay at the Wyndham Condado Plaza and I must say how much I enjoyed the experience. I had read some reviews on this site prior to going and had become extremely discouraged with my hotel choice and was expecting the worse based on what I had read. Luckily I was very pleasantly surprised with what I found. I found the staff to be extremely helpful and not rude at all. It could have something to do with the fact that I treated them like "people" and not my "servants". I found the beach to be adequate and larger than the impression I had gotten from previous reviews I read. The hotel pools were nice too. I liked the fact that they were open 24 hours however no one seemed to use them after dark and I did not want to be there alone after dark so I did not get to use the pools at night. I loved the hammicks and spent more time there dozing and listening to the crash of the ocean against the rocks than I did in the pools. Even though I was on a tour package the hotel still upgraded my room to a jr. suite which I absolutely loved. I ended up with an ocean view however I think the original city view I was supposed to have would have been nice too because it would have overlooked the marina. I have found in my previous travels that you get what you give and since I am always nice I get nice in return. I would not hesitate to stay here again and I would definitely recommend it to others as a place to stay. I did not get a chance to do all the hotel had to offer because I wanted to get away from the hotel and experience some of the city however I would not have had a problem spending my entire time at the hotel.

7  Thank METOOCH