I stayed at this hotel for 5 days and 4 nights. I arrived with trepidation because of the previous reviews that I read about this hotel.
I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly bellmen/porters, they were the most welcoming and
helpful in comparison to the concierge, and the reception desk. I was given a double instead of a king and after getting that resolved I was placed in a room which was cleaner than expected, although the bathtub had not been properly cleaned. The cleaning staff was really friendly, too. The
following day, the person who cleaned the room did a thorough job on that bathtub. I couldn't understand why the perimeter of the bath wasn't cleaned properly.
The air conditioner in my room was horrible and blew out cool extremely humid air and made me feel sick. I turned it off and opened the door to the glorious view of the ocean and the fantastic breeze. I like the way my room was furnished, I loved the bed linens, especially the feather pillows and felt comfortable and secure.
The safe did not have a key and I never got one for my stay, so I wasn't happy about that.
The check out lines were ridiculously long and the front desk process took way too much time. I thought that the process was absurd.
This hotel is huge and it needs to have more check-in/out staff to accommodate the mass influx/exit of guests. As long as you are checking in/out off schedule, you are okay, which was my case. I arrived at 11:50a.m. and I checked out at 2:00 pm. I wasn't impressed with the reception desk staff who were aloof, as were the people who gave you towels at the pool and the wait staff in the high-end restaurant. The wait staff where the buffet was served were wonderful, though.
I wasn't impressed with the beach at all. It had trash and debris all over the sand and it was absolutely tiny.
I will be going back to beautiful Puerto Rico,
but I will be staying at another hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, as it is way too expensive for all the problems that it has.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham