“Great room!”

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #24 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was upgraded to ocean view mini suite and the view was wonderful! Hotel location was great in between Condado and Old San Juan. Right next to us was La Laguna where we paddle board and the beach was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel has the most comfortable bed rooms are very clean and the staff are very helpful. It is in a good location close to shopping ant attractions. Food is excellent pools are well taken care of.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I really liked this hotel. The room was clean. The decor in the whole hotel was contemporary. The staff was great. I had some postcards to be mailed and I took them to the front desk and the employee at the desk said he would mail them for me and he was true to his word as my friends and family got their postcards. The pools were awesome and the beach with the outdoor exercise equipment was great. We ate both breakfast and dinner at the hotel and all the food was cooked perfectly and delicious. The concierge was extremely helpful in directing us around Old San Juan. She made suggestions of places we should see and we were actually able to find the places she suggested. We had a very nice stay and I would stay at this hotel again. Thanks to all the staff for a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I recently stayed at the Conado Plaza & my stay was great. Reading other reviews, I am baffled by people's negativity. I myself had a very lovely experience. Checkin did take a bit long, but they had a ton of people working. Elevator was being repaired my first day & that was not fun. My room was great, I was in the "city facing building" with a great view from the 9th floor. Bed was comfortable. Love the pools & the fact they are open 24 hrs is AMAZING! I drank at the bar in the lobby a few times & the girl bartenders were great. They gave me recommendations on different places to eat & go out. I ate in the Caribe restaurant for dinner one night & my meal was fantastic! Also, all the people at the hotel were so friendly to me. I was in San Juan for a wedding so did not spend a ton of time in the hotel, but my time there was great & I would totally go back. Tons of places to eat right by the hotel & the little shop in hotel was very convenient. All in all a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank JoJoDro
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

1st the hotel view is amazing just like pictures and the hotel itself has everything you need ! the room was beautiful and the bathrooms was the best part !! the pools were great , the beach was small and disappointing.. the fridge was awkwardly placed in the bathroom ? and there was NO microwave anywhere to be found ! the service was horrible everyone had a different answer to the same question , making life difficult .. the hours of pool and restaurants were all wrong in the manual sometime we were too late or too early to eat . first night i was on the phone with customer care for hours because i booked with breakfast and the hotel staff said it wasnt included , but eventually (after about 4 hours) i was credited for breakfast . Everything at this hotel is SLOW , from the people to the service even the elevators .. wasted alot of time just waiting ! last but not least the fees are ridiculous i was there for about 5 days .. and each day i was charged a resort fee , a resort tax and a tax on the resort tax ? doesnt make any sense to me at all .. its about $105 each day on top of the room rate .. i was there for 5 days so it added up ! Puerto Rico itself is wonderful .. go out to old san juan about $15 cab ride its beautiful and the locals are extremely nice .. i was so over the hotel when it was time to go , i wish i stayed at the la concha or caribe it wasnt worth all the money spent !

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank 3,507,906
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at this hilton last may and the hotel it is very nice, very contemporary decorated. when checked in - they had one person taken care the guests and it took a little longer than expected. However, the room was very nice appointed, while it was a little noise due to many graduations happening during that weekend we stayed. The hotel area had nice pools and it was next to a small public beach, but close enough to the other beach ( walking distance ) and shops all over. they really had everything on site. Starbucks, Denny's, Japanese, casual dining, Casino, music lounge, bar lounges etc.. in deed is a nice place. try to request for higher floors.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fervijeeo
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Hi,
Just returned from my 4 day/3 night stay at the Condado Plaza Hilton ("CPH") Had a great time. I've been to Puerto Rico 3x's in the last year. Love it. The last two times I stayed at a beachfront resort in Rio Grande- my stay in Condado was a nice change. It took us about 15 minutes to drive there from the SJU Airport in quasi-heavy traffic.

Firstly, we stayed in a City View king bed guest room. The accommodations couldn't be better: we had a lovely balcony with views of Condado Beach (lagoon) and the city skyline (could see the Caribe Hilton from our room). CPH is on Ashburton Ave., located in one of the trendiest areas in town.

You have a couple of nice bars right in the the hotel, along with several restaurants (Cafe Caribe, Pikayo, Aqua Bar &Grill, and Denny's to name a few) on the premises. There's a casino too. I only ate at the Aqua Bar & Grill. Prices were typical for a hotel restaurant.

Once out of the CPH, you'll have many dining options at your doorstep ranging from upscale places (ie: Perurican, Budatai, Ropa Vieja, and Yantar) to more low-key places (ie: Latin Star, Mike's Pizza,Chilli's, and Burger King).

The nightlife is also amazing (if that's your thing). You'll have a plethora bars and pubs to choose from.

The airport, Old San Juan, Isla Verde, Ocean Park and the San Juan Convention Center are all 10-25 minutes away so it's fairly simple to get around.

The hotel is simply fantastic. If you're looking for a place near it all at a great value,consider the Condado Hilton Plaza. It definitely rivals it's pricier neighbors located on the same street.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!