“Great Location close to everything”

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #23 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed May 3, 2014

It's a pretty cool hotel family vacation from April 22nd thru May2nd at first when we got there we got a room with no view when we open the balcony door we saw roof top we changed room they told us to leave our bags and when the other room was ready they will call us I got the call at 5pm that the room was ready we came back to the hotel close to 9pm and when we go up to our new room with a great view our bags were not in the room we waited about 20min to get our bags besides a water bug in the room and slow service at Denny's you order and you won't get your food 20 to 30 min after and pool area you order a drink you have to wait 10 min food 20 min not to friendly staff but other than that pool is nice with a slide 2hot tubs .. hotel is nice casino is great just little down falls And hotel tax fees are a killer

• Stayed: April 2014
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear loulou2644,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our property! We appreciate your comments and most importantly, the opportunity you provided us to be of service. I will be sharing your comments with our management staff as we are always actively listening to all of our customers’ feedback. Always at your service,

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We have enjoyed our stay. We had an ocean view room and well worth the price paid. I just noticed, going to our room on the second floor is through the dimly lit hallway to the only elevator on the far left of the building. Otherwise, everything went well. The pool is lively, have nice views and just a few steps to the small public beach on the side of the hotel. Cafe Caribe in the hotel has great views while having your breakfast. The hotel is a 10-15 minute leisurely walk to the Condado restaurants. You will not get bored as there's lots of people walking. Ashford Avenue is well lit and pretty safe to walk around.

The hotel staff are nice. Hotel check-in took less than 15 minutes. Getting a cab is not a problem, just tell the bellman and the cab is there at the lobby in no time. We only took the taxi turistico going to Old San Juan that cost us $15 plus tip one way. I think it's the safest way to go around and the cab drivers are nice and knowledgeable.

Upon arrival in San Juan, taxi costs us $20 plus tip to Condado Plaza Hilton. We found the Puerto Ricans to be friendly and nice. We also joined the Yokahu Kayak tour of the Bio-bay. I think the 6:30PM schedule is perfect (than the 8:30PM). We enjoyed kayaking, at times get rowdy, but rowdy fun. We're so amazed of the glowing dinoflagellates. Our tour guides, Tony, Michael and Joshua were great and funny.

We definitely had fun in our quick Puerto Rico getaway.

Room Tip: Stay at the Ocean Tower, ocean views are great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear ITJakers,

Thank you for your review; I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for providing us with the opportunity to be of service. Should travel bring you back to our sunny Puerto Rico, feel free to contact me at michelle.burn@hilton.com.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 2, 2014

The front desk staff was very helpful whenever we had a question and were very knowledgeable. We booked through priceline, so we got a great deal on the room/flight for four nights. The resort fees were alittle pricey at 18% ; however, I knew they were coming because priceline warns you in advance there are resort fees. The resort had a few nice pools and hammocks under palm trees. We stayed in the main tower facing the ocean; however, we didn't have an ocean view room. The Caribe cafe was overpriced for what you got and service was slow. Overall I would stay at the hotel again if I ever returned because we got such a great deal. The only thing I would suggest is the hotel lower their parking fees for their guests because $18 per day for parking is way to much especially since guests are already paying 18% in resort fees.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Stephanie b,

Hi there; thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I genuinely appreciate your comments regarding Café Caribe and our parking; I will be sure to share your feedback with our management staff. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for allowing us the opportunity to be of service. We hope to see you soon at our beloved Condado Plaza Hilton!

All the best,

Reviewed May 2, 2014

First let me start off by saying this is going to be an extremely accurate review and not going to focus on a lot of petty stuff that other reviewers focus on.

Pros: clean rooms, great views, excellent location, a lot of great stuff under one roof

Cons: very noisy, seems as if customer comes second to events in lobby, watered down drinks, rocky beach, gift shop

I will explain:
The rooms are great. They are clean and comfortable and the shower and storage was great. Housekeeping was very reliable and did a great job. Only issue with rooms were the beds were a bit uncomfortable but overall the room is a winner.
The views were spectacular but the railing on terrace was very loose so didn't spend much time on terrace. Centrally located with Starbucks and Walgreens to get stuff you need. There are many pools both fresh and salt water and a small but sufficient beach. Cute casino. Nice little gym with sauna and steam room.
Cons: drinks were terrible at 10-12 dollars per weak drink it was awful. They measure out all shots and tend to give less than more. I spoke to them multiple times but no response. That was a killer!
Gift shop were crooks 6.99 for a bottle of water that was 1.50 at Walgreens. Everything way overpriced! You need shoes for ocean because it's very rocky. I forgot mine and went once into ocean and cut my feet up badly so it was a one and done. Biggest issue I need a paragraph just for this:
I must have had bad timing because a famous magazine had a private event in lobby club area and the club music was so loud I was bouncing in my room in the 9th floor. I called front desk who sent me to security and they said they would take care of it. They didn't. I went to see why and I was told that there was a private party so they couldn't do anything. Let's say it was every night so I slept 3 hours a night for the 4 nights I was there. I made endless phone calls but was told there were no more rooms to move me etc.....I ended up having a cranky vacation because lack of sleep killed me. Every night the DJ music from lobby was so loud I couldn't sleep. I asked for ear plugs and was sent to gift shop. 17.00 later for crappy ear plugs! I need to finish and get to work now. I will edit later.
Michelle did promise my wife before the trip that a lot of the reviews weren't true but they ended up being true!

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Csiuagnymc
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This older upgraded hotel is situated right on the ocean and the view from the full width gallery is spectacular. The pools and beach area is very large and did not seem crowded even with many people coming and going.

The members of the staff were polite and efficient. When I asked about going to Old San Juan, the front desk person was very helpful. There is also a kiosk in the lobby with a person who will arrange sightseeing, etc for you. The complimentary wi-fi worked for the four days I was there.

My king size room was very comfortable with a large walk in shower in the renovated bathroom.

If I were to go back to San Juan, I would stay at the Condado Plaza Hilton.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank pinky14

Dear pinky14,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad to read you had a pleasant stay. Please, should travel bring you to Puerto Rico please contact me at michelle.burn@hilton.com; I will be delighted to assist. Again, thank you for your feedback and for the opportunity you’ve provided us to be of service.

All the best,

Reviewed May 1, 2014

So many options and reviews before booking, we chose Condado Hilton...momma and her girls, 45, 20 and 15...we are having a terrific time, ocean view. Today was a day at the beach and pool...w/paddle boarding...fantastic time! Hotel staff has been great. Take a left when leaving the hotel...great little part of town. Zumba/Salsa at the park this morning, everyone joins in. Great blast at Hacienda....more to come. Only one thing, slipper...would like my slippers in the room as it is just tile floor...

Room Tip: Ocean view is great, we were on third floor...waves crashing on rocks
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Shirley0614,

So you are In House! I hope that you read this message! Welcome to the Condado Plaza Hilton, we are super delighted to have you staying with us. I see that you are having a terrific time and I would love to meet you before you leave! Keep us posted on your vacation. If you need anything during your stay, feel free to email me at michelle.burn@hilton.com!

May you have a great stay! At your service,

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I spent 4 nights, 5 days at this hotel with my boyfriend for our vacation. What a great experience! We had a balcony room overlooking the ocean, and it was absolutely stunning. The room was clean, the staff were friendly, and the food & drinks were delicious! We spent a lot of time by the pool, very comfortable, relaxed vibe. The location was great - we were able to walk to many locations nearby, and even make the much longer, but easy, walk to Old San Juan. We had dinner at Pikayo (the restaurant in the hotel) the first name, and it was delicious. I had an amazing tuna dish. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone - seemed pretty kid friendly as well. We are already looking into dates to return!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view... also, pay the extra upgrade fee for a room overlooking the ocean...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear krism55,

Thank you for your candid review! Feel free to contact me at michelle.burn@hilton.com for your next visit; I will be delighted to assist. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for providing us with the opportunity to serve!

At your service,