“Would definitely go back!!!!”

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed here for five days and had a great time. October is an off travel season which was perfect for us. Our room was a corner room on the lagoon side which was great because on the terrace you could actually view the beach also. Room service was great, no complaints. Most of the time the small pool was our private pool which was fabulous. I'm sure during busy travel season that wouldn't happen. Went to the beach every day. We had to go like 9am and stayed til around 2 to get the most sun. After that it was still warm but overcast. That part of the beach is open to the public but during our stay there were no more than 20 people there at a time. We walked the rocks and loved to swim out in the middle of the water where there are rocks where you can actually stand and it's only like 3 feet. Would never think I could stand in the middle of the ocean. The water is beautiful and the fish nip on your legs as you're standing ankle deep. It's nice to walk the strip for many eateries. Angels restaurant has great food and drinks, as do a few others. There's a walgreens also within walking distance. Also take a $12cab ride to Ol San Juan for shopping and more great food. Love the place and will come here again. The best part was you can print out your boarding tickets for your flight home right in the hotel lobby!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: A corner room and a high floor are best!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sexysag1969
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear sexysag1969,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad to read you had a wonderful time. If travel brings you back to our lovely island please feel free to contact me at michelle.burn@hilton.com. Thank you for choosing to stay with us; we look forward to welcoming you back at The Condado Plaza Hilton!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I'm from NY and Love to vacation. The resort, online looked amazing. When I got there, I was happy but did not experience the "wow" factor. Do not get me wrong, the pools were beautiful. The hammocks were amazing. The view of the condado lagoon were picture perfect. The lobby is beautiful. The ashford location is nice. The Starbucks/Denny's so close was cool.The nicest thing to me was the room that I got's ocean view. I did, however, hate that the balcony had chipping paint everywhere. This didn't make for a great picture. They need to redo that. The door in my room was broken, so the bathroom door wasn't closing properly. Housekeeping lady was cold, never friendly or energetic. Their beach was the worst. It holds such a small number of people and the sand was filled with rocks. If I take another week to visit PR, I would rather stay at La Concha. The grounds there are EVERYTHING. PAY THE EXTRA $ to stay there.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Obinna,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I will investigate your room and make sure the issues above are inspected and resolved. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and provide us with the opportunity to serve.

At your service; best,

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The hotel is situated in the Condado section for wonderful dining, shopping, and strolling in the evening. Our junior suite in the Lagoon Tower was plenty roomy with a good partial ocean view. In the morning we enjoyed the spectacular ocean view of crashing waves on the rock wall while enjoying our breakfast burritos at Cafe Caribe. And in the evening, we ordered from the Eight Noodle Bar for delicious pot stickers, spring rolls, and other "goodies" for in-room snacking. Yummy!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear AcadiaHiker,

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay. Please feel free to contact me should travel bring you back to our lovely island. You may reach me directly at michelle.burn@hilton.com. Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Condado Plaza Hilton.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed at the Condado Plaza for our Anniversary getaway to PR. From the moment we pulled in, til the moment we left ... the Condado was Fantastic in every way. We opted for a lagoon view cause we wanded more room and the Jr Suite gave us that. We had plenty of space and the view was also Superb. We loved the 10 ft long showers, big desk and the internet worked well when we were on it. We were on vacation so we weren't spending a whole lot of time online.

Marisol at the front desk took the time to explain everything, A+++ for her. The whole staff was GREAT and courteous. During an intense game of pool volleyball on our last day, I lost my wedding ring. It felt like the whole staff helped us look for it and yes, we found it.

Super great location, easy access to highways, can always find a cab downstairs, short drive to Old San Juan and walking distance to many of the fine dining in the area. There are a couple of these fine dining establishments right in the hotel too. And also having the Denny's downstairs was awesome, good breakfast every morning.

Having Enterprise Car Rental and Starbucks right downstairs are a major plus too. We only got to enjoy the pools and beach during our last full day cause we were out exploring the island every day. But it was great to come to a clean room after a long day.

All and all, we had the best of times in PR and we're planning to go back soon and yes, we'll be staying at the Condado again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear CleoD,

Thank you very much for sharing your review! I am so happy and proud to read that your stay was FANTASTIC! Please, feel free to contact me at michelle.burn@hilton.com on your next visit; we would be absolutely delighted to welcome you back at The Condado Plaza Hilton. Thank you for your review, and most importantly, for providing us with the opportunity to be of assistance!

Best regards,

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The hotel is in a nice location, looks like plenty of options for food and shopping. There were many food options and entertainment options right on hotel location. The hotel lobby is inviting and hip. The dance music beat hit you when you walked it, (arrived at 9:30 pm) the casino had many slot machines. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Unfortunately, you can hear the hallway traffic clearly so might want to request room at end of hall. my room was in front of elevator. I was here for business so not sure of the rate but would definitely consider this property for future visits. Hotel appeared to have all the amenities.

Room Tip: I would request a room at the end of the hall (away from elevator) because you can hear the hallway...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear vsd42,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am happy to read that your stay was pleasant; however, I also wish you had more time to enjoy our hotel. If business or pleasures bring you back to our sunny Puerto Rico, please feel free to contact me at michelle.burn@hilton.com. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for providing us with the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Just got back yesterday from a 4 day stay at the Condado. Did alot of research prior to booking the hotel. Everything from booking the stay to checking out was incredible. The hotel is lovely, our room was perfect, food was good and the staff could not have been any nicer if they tried. The pool area was beautiful and always felt that the main goal of the staff was to make the guests happy. The room was very clean and the bed extremely comfortable. We had a small problem with our shower and maintenance came immediately and fixed it. I read some reviews about people who had not-so-nice things to say and I would have to wonder about their review because from what we experienced this is one of the better hotels at a very reasonable cost. Would definitely stay again at this hotel. Can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: Ocean side is worth it - nothing like waking up to the surf!
2  Thank Georgine D
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Georgine D,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me! I am thrilled to read that everything was perfect during your stay. Please feel free to contact me at michelle.burn@hilton.com should you wish to stay with us again, I will be more than happy to assist. Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Condado Plaza Hilton, we hope to see you back soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 25, 2014

A very fine hotel, prices fluctuate a lot, but it has everything for me. Location is excellent. Restaurantes are good, with Starbucks there makes it a lot easier in the morning! Rooms are excellent, all renew and very nice. internet works super well and fast. Noisy at times, during night, but is normal there, busy hotel always. Very nice lobby. My choice when in San Juan always.

Room Tip: High Floor and Ocean Vierw

Dear Jose C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review! I am super contented to read that we are your choice when travelling to San Juan. We thank you very much for your business and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at our beloved Condado Plaza Hilton.