“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

During a recent visit to San Juan we stayed at the Condado Plaza Hilton. Marisol, front desk reception, made our visit very pleasant right from the start. Due to her exceptional customer service skills we throughout enjoyed our stay in spite of the rain!
While the people at the concierge desk were not very helpful at all, Marisol always was! She went out of her way to provide us with great places to see and eat.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,006)
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

After reading some reviews, I was a little concerned about the hotel. However we found it to be very nice. My only criticism is that the bathrooms -ours was in the lagoon facing tower- are quite small by today's standards and the sliding door for the bathroom didn't really close off the bathroom. Odd but not too disconcerting. Room was clean and housekeeping kept it that way. We found the staff to be helpful and pleasant. Particularly the bell men and in the restaurants. The location is nice - ocean and lagoon. The staff at the water sports desk was very helpful with novice paddle boarders. Several good ocean front restaurants nearby, particularly for seafood lovers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DSOVA
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear DSOVA,

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent stay at our property. I am very grateful that you gave us an opportunity in spite of some of our reviews. Yes, bathrooms in our Laguna Wing are smaller in size than some of our suites and ocean view rooms; this has to do with the layout of the Laguna Wing Tower and its standard city view guestrooms. I will investigate further and have Engineering make sure that the sliding door of the bathroom is working to perfection. I am very pleased to read that you found our staff to be helpful and pleasant; I will make sure to share your review with our staff. If you wish to give us another opportunity I would be both very appreciative and pleased to be of service. Again, thank you for your comments and for having chosen to stay with us.

May you have a wonderful holiday season; best regards,

Michelle .
Wisconson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I like the modern look of the this hotel. I have a balcony overlooking a very peaceful lagoon. I tried the bar last night, I liked the creative drink menu. Enterprise rental cars on site makes it easy to rent a car for a day trip. Even though their office closes at 5pm...you can return cars after hours with the help of the valet. I would love to stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Will C
Dear Willcccc,

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our property. I am very joyful to read that you enjoyed the modern look of our property and our view of the lagoon. I would definitely recommend you consider staying on the ocean side so you can experience another beautiful area of our property! Let me know whenever you wish to visit us and I will be delighted to assist; you may reach me at michelle.burn@hilton.com. Again, thank you for your time and for choosing to stay with us; we look forward to seeing you soon!

Happy Holidays; kind regards,

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was an amazing experience. The view was breath-taking. Very Romantic and everything is close to the hotel. If you are in the mood to take a walk and go dancing or just buy pizza, its a matter of 5 to 10 minutes and you're there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Jayleen S
Dear Jayleen S

Thank you for your review! Thank you very much for chosing to stay at The Condado Plaza Hilton. We look forward to seeing you in the near future; I am at your service!

Wishing you a very happy holiday season; all the best,

nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I am giving this hotel a 'GOOD' rating for the location, the great casino staff, the front desk staff, and the family room option. The Family Room is only available in the second tower but had 1 bedroom with 2 twins and another separate bedroom with a king. There is a small balcony off the king bedroom. The bathroom is small, no tub. There is a fridge and microwave which is very handy. This hotel really needs updating cosmetically. It is worn. The pools are great, nice and clean. I loved the freshwater pool! Unfortunately for us, it rained the entire 5 days we were there. Fortunately, Old San Juan is a 7 minute city bus ride that cost $.75 and was great for a restless husband and 3 teens. We spend A LOT of time in the casino. That was fun because with all of us we could play table games together and the older guys are very patient and will show you the ropes. We did finally get to swim for 2 hours the day our flight left. I love the lagoon. Be careful getting out past the rocks and kelp. We saw a lot of fish. Our biggest disappointment was the weather. If we had been able to be outside in the sun everyday, I'm sure the old carpet and missing tiles and things wouldn't have bothered me as much. Also, go to a store and buy your own drinks, booze, and snacks. The food and especially drinks are very expensive in the hotel. I have mobility issues so when I wanted to go out I had to cab it. Fortunately the cabs are not too expensive. I hope to go back again as soon as I can afford it. I want an oceanfront room but if I bring the kids again, I cant afford it for quite a while. I do dream of going back and sitting by those pools!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank mommamiya
Dear mommamiya

Hi There!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We take a lot of pride and hard work to ensure our property is up to date and in the best conditions; I will make sure to share your observations with our Director of Engineering as well as with Management to continue improving our facilities.

I know we have had our share of rainy days, and I feel sad for guests that were not able to enjoy the sun these past couple of days. It is so beautiful outside when the sun is out and you are able to sit over our ocean garden and enjoy the breathtaking view of the ocean, it is absolutely divine. I am at your service should you wish to visit us again in the future; you may contact me at michelle.burn@hilton.com; looking forward to welcoming you once more to the Condado Plaza Hilton!

Happy Holidays; warm regards,

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Our stay at the Condado Plaza Hilton was wonderful! Check in was fast and courteous.

The room:
Nice Room with a huge bathroom with a mini-fridge and coffee maker. Can not complain about anything at all.

Hotel Location:
Close to Old San Juan - literally walking distance
Close to other hotels
Close to Chillis and other budget conscious resturants.

Hotel Amenities:
Wonderful private beach!!!!!
Two pools: one salt water one regular **Swim up bar was closed for the first 3 days of our stay..would have been nice if they had posted that information on their website.
Casino is fun and always open and waiters are always serving drinks with a smile.

Upon leaving there is a taxi that charges $19.00 per customer to the airport which was great!

This is our second time staying at this hotel the first time we had an awesome ocean view but they have really hiked the price up for ocean view rooms so we had a view of another hotel directly across from us but if we looked to our right there was a partial view on the water...kinda nice :-)

Room Tip: If you can get an ocean view.....it's absolutely beautiful!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kiki H
Cuernavaca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I chose the hotel due to a special offer on Travelzoo. I liked the location very much, right in the heart of condado. The pools are nice with plenty of deck chairs even though there are over 500 rooms. My guess is there was low occupancy thanksgiving week. I didn't care much for the modern neon lobby. Looks like they are trying to draw in a younger crowd. The concierge desk was usually staffed with two persons but they were overworked and there was almost always a wait to ask a question. But they were helpful and friendly. I was pleased by the restaurant options. The Café Caribe for breakfast or a light lunch or supper was excellent and very fairly priced especially for having an ocean view. The light breakfast was just $6,95 plus tax and tip and they did the poached eggs perfectly, not always easy. One could also eat in Denny's and the food there was excellent but the service unbearably slow for both a breakfast and a dinner. Best of all is the deluxe restaurant Pikayo, a real splurge but surely one of the top restaurants in the city and I had a delightful if pricey dinner there, reviewed under restaurants. There was also a Starbucks but I don't ever go there preferring to visit small local coffee houses. If the price is in your budget I would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: An ocean-view room was 40 dls more per night but the view was sensational.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,078 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!