My wife and I just spent 5 days in San Juan at the Condado Plaza Hilton. This is a beautiful hotel right on the ocean in the Condado Area of San Juan. The hotel is very modern and the lobby is not as grand as some. The neighborhood, however, is very safe and it is an easy walk to shopping. It is also very easy to hop on the bus to head down to Old San Juan. Be aware that the bus route circles the convention center which is a little out of the way, but still its only a 15 minute ride to the old city.
Our room: definitely opt for the ocean view. It is stunning. The room itself is average but comfortable. Wifi is excellent. to be aware that there is a $27/day resort fee. Not really sure what this covers other than wifi and towels at the pool. We only had one on our last night where our room was never cleaned after being out and about for most of the day.
Restaurants: We ate at Pikayo, Caribe Cafe, and Starbucks. Pikayo is excellent but a little pricy. The cafe is standard. I would venture out to restaurants within a few minutes walk.
Pools and Grounds: Again, stunning. Keep in mind though, most of the grounds are on the rocks facing the Atlantic. There is a small cove with a beautiful beach though with some pretty good snorkling. The pools (especially the main pool with a slide) are great. However, they only get sun for about 3 hours a day during November. Keep this in mind. The best option is a secluded pool on the lagoon side of the hotel that is beautiful, quite, with a 9 foot pool. Only issue there is that there is no bartender.
All in all, it was a great stay. We did walk to the Caribe Hilton across the Dos Hermanos bridge. Only about a 10 minute walk. That hotel is more of a resort with amazing pools and a larger beach. Would consider there is looking for less of an urban feel to a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham