Stayed at the Condado Hilton in late August and were quite satisfied. The hotel is very modern and the rooms are quite comfortable. The beach view from our hotel room was terrific. There are 2 towers, one that faces the bay and one that faces the beach, so make sure you request the one you want. They location of the hotel is very convenient. They have lots of restaurants and bars inside the property, they have 2 pools, one salt water and one regular water and they also have a small private beach, which is enclosed by rocks, so you have no waves and can swim or just relax in the water. The one complain I have about the hotel is the staff at the beach. They have someone there, that is in charge of setting up the lounges and umbrellas in the morning for the hotel patrons, which is just fine. Once I got there, I asked the guy for a lounge and he pointed to the beach and said just pick one that is empty, so I did. I of course choose the one by the umbrella, and shortly after I had got myself all situated and ready to enjoy the sun, he comes over and tells me that the lounges are free for the guests, but if I wanted to use the umbrella I would have to pay. I find it absurd, that a guest would have to pay for the use of the umbrella to begin with and also I didn't like the fact that he didn't tell me while I was getting myself seated there, but he waited for me to get all settled in, and then told me. I guess he was hoping that I would just say ok and pay the fee, but I didn't. I was disappointed again in the afternoon, when my husband came back from his meeting and we were heading to the beach to enjoy the rest of the afternoon, around 5:50 and as we were approaching a lounge chair, the guy quickly came over and pulled it away saying that they were about to close. I asked what the closing time was, and he said 6pm, so I pointed out that it was still 5:50, but he told me that they start getting ready to close at 5:30pm. I think it's rude! I can understand getting ready to close early if there are no guest, but when you see a guest walking over a lounge, and you just pull it away, I think it's just rude and they should just use common sense. They are in the hospitality business and their main job is to make sure the guest is comfortable and satisfied, which this guy did not do at all. All he wanted to do is close shop and go home in a rush. I also noticed the same guy ask 2 guests who were using the hammocks to get up as it was time for them to close. Again I think he should have used common sense, and just waited a few minutes, or start closing with the other hammock, which was empty, and then maybe after everything else was done, if the folks were still there, he could have kindly told them that they were about to close and they would have to leave soon. There are nice way to get around things, he just couldn't find the right way. The private beach, is not really just for the hotel. In the afternoon it gets crowded with people that come from various cruise ships around the area. Best time to be there if you are looking for peace and quiet is the mornings. The brochure of the hotel also said they offered various water sport classes, so I went down to the beach waiting for the paddle boat class at 10, but it never happened, neither did the kayaking class.... not sure if you have to register, or make an appointment, but the brochure didn't mention anything, and no one at the beach made an announcement or said anything. I just chose not to ask about it as I saw the kind of attitude the beach guard/staff had that I just assumed I would probably be a bother to them and make them work. The rest of the staff was very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham