“First Class!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
San Antonio, Texas
“First Class!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel for 5 nights and 6 days and had a fantastic time! I had the 10th floor of the other side across the Casino Mezzanine and Walkway! It was a great view of the Condado Bay. My maid was good and very thorough and the hotel staff inside and out was amazing. Very friendly, attentive and attractive. I enjoyed Breakfast in the Carribe Cafe, Denny's, Drinks at the many lounges and bars, in walking distance to other restaurants and bars, and souvenir shops. I snorkled at the Reef in the Lagoon, gambled in the casino, shop, found a cigar shop down the street, hung out in the many parks along the beach, and dined very well. Old San Juan was a bus ride away. Everything worked, my bed was amazingly comfy and I slept very well. I am definetly going back and staying at this hotel for many years to come. 45 Min away from Fajaro and the Bioluminescent Bay!

Room Tip: 10th floor had the best views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rocko2
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Rocko2,

Thank you for your review!

I am very happy to see that you had a fantastic time! I see that you were able to do a lot of fun things while visiting San Juan, and even more, I was excited to read that you will be definitely coming back!

Please feel free to contact me for your next visit; we will be delighted to welcome you once more at the Condado Plaza Hilton.

All the best,

michelle.burn@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,006)
Stamford, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have been going to the Condado Plaza or Conrad, whatever name they use each week, annually for about ten (10) years. Even had my 50th b-day party there 5 years ago & brought 20 guests. That was approximately when the hotel under went extensive renovations. The problem is that these renovations were only cosmetic, in an effort to elevate the hotel to "Conrad" standards. Those efforts failed quite miserably and became extremely evident on my latest trip in August 2013.
Since the date of those renovations, most if not all of the guest rooms were completely redone. These renovations overlooked a number of issues and in fact created even more serious problems. The railings on the ocean view side of the hotel are in desperate need of reinforcing; the showers need the drainage corrected (every time you take a shower the bathroom floor, which is marble, floods, creating a hazardous condition that I have personally experienced for the past five (5) years. The staff is aware of the issue and nothing has been done to correct the problem. All I am told is that corporate is aware of the problem, but each year I return, the problem remains.
The bedding is a joke. The pillows collapse to the thickness of paper and the "covers" are just as thin.
I don't want to make this sound like everything was a mess, but the things that were properly addressed during the renovation was the main and second floors, which are very nice. The outside vendors who operate the Café and the pool/snack bar provided excellent service and are the biggest reason were return each year, plus the location can't be beat. The staff that lasts for more than a year usually remember me by name and this is nice.
It is a shame that the issues I listed above remain each year that I return.
On our next trip we will probably look for a different hotel, unless the staff advises that these issues, especially the drainage in the shower have been corrected. This is a serious problem and is a defect know to the management, but ignored.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SenorKranks
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear SenorKranks,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Our property and brand goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations--and I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations for your stay with us. In your review, you bring up some great points that we are currently looking into. In regards to updating---we're already on our way. As you know our property is undergoing some renovations and we are specifically putting our attention on some of the concerns you addressed in your review.

Please be assured that the feedback you provided in your review are being taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Travelers are raving about these San Juan hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

the hotel overall was excellent, very well decorated and put together. there should be more activities around the pool area. the rooms were very clean and beautiful. the bathroom was huge and i love the glass shower and the coordination of the colors in the room. the ocean view was breathtaking

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

I am glad to hear that you found our property beautiful and well decorated. Will make sure to share your comments regaring our pool activities to improve our service. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed the beautiful ocean view; it is a very relaxing and soothing view to enjoy!

Again thank you and we hope to see you soon in the near future!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Loved the fish tank in the lobby and vibe of the hotel. Check-in was a breeze! However entering into the room, we found stains on the wall and the door to the balcony had about an Inch gap between the door and frame. I tried calling the front desk but the cord to the phone was missing. Went down to the front desk and they were quick to move me. After that everything was great. I loved the Cafe in the morning and the Casino was great as well. I will return to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor if city view. Lower floors have street noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family stayed here this past weekend (four days fri-mon). We had ocean view rooms on the 9th floor, view is amazing. The staff was beyond friendly and accommodating. The rooms were beautiful and well kept. Check in was quick and easy. Everyone we met on this trip, be it locals or staff were so friendly and welcoming. Waking in the morning and having coffee on the balcony was so peaceful. I will miss the sound of the waves hitting the shore. Hoping to come back to Puerto Rico someday, and would stay at the Condado Plaza again gladly.

Room Tip: Ocean view room is a must! Views are beyond amazing.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LASyra
Brooklyn, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel leaves a lot to be desired. The location is surrounded by 3 abandoned buildings and you really don't feel safe of comfortable at all. During my stay the maids cleaning my room stole my diamond necklace.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

4 Thank Chassity R
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Chassity R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology if your diamond necklace went missing while staying with us. We want you to know that we have taken this very seriously and are taking all the necessary steps to thoroughly investigate this incident.
Our customers’ personal property is always respected, and I sincerely apologize iffor this inconvenience. You are aware that our Security Department is presently investigating this matter and they have been in contact with you. Again please accept our apologies for this incident. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Queens, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I just returned from a week vacation at the Conrad Condado Plaza Hotel in San Juan. Its not my first time staying at the hotel. I have stayed many times and I am always satisfied with their professionalism and service overall. But this time I had the opportunity of meeting one of the best bartenders I have ever met. His name is Rafael and he works at the Moon Bar Eternal Lobby Lounge located at the lobby of the hotel. Rafael was not only professionalfriendly and welcoming. He was also very knowledgeable and very creative with his drinks. He prepared several drinks of his own creation that were very unique and delicious. I highly recommend you dropping by and having not only the drinks that are offered in their menu but also one of his signature drinks. I can't wait to be back for Christmas and have some of his drinks. See photos.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael V
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Michael V,

Thanks so much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay!

I will definitely congratulate our bartender Rafael for a great job! I am very happy to read comments of guests who praise our team members for going above and beyond. He sure is very creative and talented with his drinks; the pictures you took look great!

We are definitely looking forward to welcome you again at The Condado Plaza Hilton. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,077 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!