“Checking in here always make me smile”

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Its really a great hotel we went back & spent christmas (6days) there this past year in a spa room which was heaven...
The rooms are always spotless, the floors are tiled so its nice to see the sparkle. The hotel is older but they keep it well, all rooms have balconies the housekeeping staff is the friendliest on the island. I had a rum related dancing incident in the bathroom (the spa room is huge) & they took amazing concern & care for me the next day. Even the bath products are top notch.
The hotel property is nice, the lake pool is our favorite as it tends to be quieter. I recommend getting up early, fetching towels & claiming chairs!!!. Its totally ok to set up your chair & come back a bit later especially during high season.
Having a beach attached is also a great bonus, the property itself is lovely & well kept. Even the public restrooms are always impeccable.
The club on the bottom floor gets very busy on weekends with the beautiful young ppl of PR.
I highly recommend a mojito to go @ Dennys if your nice they make it extra strong (shot of 151) its the best and tastiest bargain on the property.
Its old school hilton luxury, not for the modern boutique hotel lovers but id rather a place in which the staff is warm & friendly than hip & euro.

This hotel has a very special place in my heart, its where my love story with my BF truly began. Cant wait to go back christmas 2013.
$ 17 cab ride from airport,$21 to old san juan. great location I recommend walking down ashford lots of restaurants, walgreens,beaches,shopping. Very safe area even late night.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Sasha g
Write a ReviewReviews (4,933)

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Sasha g
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel offers everything you need when on vacation. The hotel has great service, ket very clean with great amentiies. I come to San Juan two to three times a year for the past 6 years and always stay here. I have no reason to chnage hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Giulio T
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have stayed at the Conrad in Puerto Rico twice now for family vacation. The location is great and the staff is always very helpful. The beds are some of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. I hope we have a chance to stay there for a third time! I would recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Marie S
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Hotel has been rennovated but shows its age ! The bathroom in our room was tiny and no exhaust fan with a sliding pocket door!We stayed in a lagoon view room with a large balcony. The elevators were not working and most of our visit there was only one working in the tower our room is in.I can not say this is a luxury hotel!!

Room Tip: get an ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear agolfer1256,

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that our hotel was not able to exceed your expectations. I am so sorry that you found our property to be dated and that our elevators were not working properly. Please know that your satisfaction is very important to us as we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I thank you for bringing this up to my attention so that I can follow-up with the appropriate departments.

I do thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future.

Michelle Burn
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Conrad for 4 nights in July. Overall we liked the hotel but didn't think it lived up to the luxury that the Conrad name implies.

We were allowed to check-in early (around 1 pm) and the process was quick and efficient. We stayed on the 9th floor of the main tower in a Superior King Room with a city view. The oversized shower looked nice but leaked water and there was some mold present on the ceiling. On our first night we were very warm despite having the AC set to 68. A quick word at the front desk solved the problem though; maintenance came by quickly and we were given a lighter blanket (who needs a down comforter in July in Puerto Rico?!).

We really enjoyed the pool area. There are two pools (one chlorine and one saltwater) and a jacuzzi in the main pool area, as well as beach access and a grassy area with hammocks. The beach is just ok - it's on a lagoon, not the open ocean, and the sand is a bit rocky. Good for snorkeling and paddle boarding though. There's an elevator near the pool area that would have been really convienent for getting back to our room without dripping water through the lobby but it was frequently out of service.

On our first day we had lunch outside near the pool. The service was really slow and the food was expensive and not very good. Expect drink service at the bar to be exceptionally slow as well. We did enjoy breakfast in the Cafe Caribe most mornings; the food and service there was much better.

The location of the hotel was ok. It's not centrally located in Condado so you'll have a 15-20 minute walk to a lot of bars, shops, and restaurants. Right outside is a bus stop that will take you to Old San Juan or further into Condado for only 75 cents. Plus there are usually cabs lined up outside.

If I were to go back to San Juan, I probably wouldn't stay here unless I got a really great rate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Danielle N
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel was very inviting. The staff made sure the check-in and check-out process was smooth. The amenities and location were exactly what we needed. The bathroom was clean and spacious as well. We had an oceanside room with spectacular views. Two thumbs up!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends