“short stay in san juan”

Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
sarasota
“short stay in san juan”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Hotel has been rennovated but shows its age ! The bathroom in our room was tiny and no exhaust fan with a sliding pocket door!We stayed in a lagoon view room with a large balcony. The elevators were not working and most of our visit there was only one working in the tower our room is in.I can not say this is a luxury hotel!!

Room Tip: get an ocean view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear agolfer1256,

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that our hotel was not able to exceed your expectations. I am so sorry that you found our property to be dated and that our elevators were not working properly. Please know that your satisfaction is very important to us as we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I thank you for bringing this up to my attention so that I can follow-up with the appropriate departments.

I do thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future.

Michelle Burn
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,039)
Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Conrad for 4 nights in July. Overall we liked the hotel but didn't think it lived up to the luxury that the Conrad name implies.

We were allowed to check-in early (around 1 pm) and the process was quick and efficient. We stayed on the 9th floor of the main tower in a Superior King Room with a city view. The oversized shower looked nice but leaked water and there was some mold present on the ceiling. On our first night we were very warm despite having the AC set to 68. A quick word at the front desk solved the problem though; maintenance came by quickly and we were given a lighter blanket (who needs a down comforter in July in Puerto Rico?!).

We really enjoyed the pool area. There are two pools (one chlorine and one saltwater) and a jacuzzi in the main pool area, as well as beach access and a grassy area with hammocks. The beach is just ok - it's on a lagoon, not the open ocean, and the sand is a bit rocky. Good for snorkeling and paddle boarding though. There's an elevator near the pool area that would have been really convienent for getting back to our room without dripping water through the lobby but it was frequently out of service.

On our first day we had lunch outside near the pool. The service was really slow and the food was expensive and not very good. Expect drink service at the bar to be exceptionally slow as well. We did enjoy breakfast in the Cafe Caribe most mornings; the food and service there was much better.

The location of the hotel was ok. It's not centrally located in Condado so you'll have a 15-20 minute walk to a lot of bars, shops, and restaurants. Right outside is a bus stop that will take you to Old San Juan or further into Condado for only 75 cents. Plus there are usually cabs lined up outside.

If I were to go back to San Juan, I probably wouldn't stay here unless I got a really great rate.

2 Thank Danielle N
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel was very inviting. The staff made sure the check-in and check-out process was smooth. The amenities and location were exactly what we needed. The bathroom was clean and spacious as well. We had an oceanside room with spectacular views. Two thumbs up!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank Kiatana E
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from long weekend stay at this property. The location is great, short walk to restaurants and other major hotels. The inexpensive bus ride to Old San Juan only takes about 15 minutes and bus stops right outside. The front desk clerk upgraded us to an ocean view and gave us free breakfast vouchers because of an issue that involved Expedia reservation error. The rooms were good, beds comfortable. Pool area nice but we really enjoyed the breeze and grassy area near ocean. Would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Dmlsun
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I usually stay at this hotel on average twice a year for business. When I checked in Sara was very nice and gave me a room on the ocean side tower with an ocean view room. The hotel towers are split between the ocean side and across the street (there is a covered walkway to get to them from the mezzanine level). I do not like that side due to how far you have to walk to get there and then if your room key doesn't work you have to walk all the way back! I don't think the rooms are as good on that side either. My interaction with the staff was a very good experience, all were very helpful and eager to assist. Yes as some reviewers have written, the property needs updating and probably a fresh coat of paint (sea salt and wind take a big toll). However, the inside is and has always been nicely kept and clean. In 5 years I have never had a dirty room or seen trays of food all over the hallway from left over room service as you sometimes find at other hotels.

I like the location and there are many good restaurants to choose from if you know where to go. The Waikiki is a very short walk and although it is kind of touristy the Seafood Mofongo is very good and you can have an ice cold beer with it while you sit out on the back deck and watch the waves come in. On the other side of the street a little further down is a place called Waiters Bar and Grill. Not as touristy and the food and prices cant be beat in Condado.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Patrick P
Orlando, Florida

THIEVES!!!!!!! DANGER!!!!!
Me and my husband decided to take a vacation, and our friends from puerto rico recommended  the Condado Area since it is what you could call High Class Puerto Rico... The service provided by the staff is very poor, which doesn't affect me as long as the hotel is clean and safe.  But the first night out my ENGAGEMENT RING and WEDDING RING were taken out of my make up bag, which was INSIDE my suitcase.  As soon as we were back I noticed it.  And after looking everywhere in the room we decided to go inform the manager of the hotel... and he did NOTHING! he said it was my responsibility... He said he didn't care and that I had to take care of this.  After a long night... NOTHING WAS DONE. Not even checking which staff members had entered the room... It's been almost one month and NO-ONE has contacted me.

So if you stay at this hotel. Bring LOCKS and lock everything up if you are going out. because these are thieves and the customer service is horrible... So a hotel supposedly located in a high class area.. in which you wouldn't even have to worry about  safety...in which people pay higher just for the status and the name... Well there... PEOPLE STEAL and NOTHING is DONE about it.

Good luck.... I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Selene G

Travelers are raving about these San Juan hotels

Carolina, Puerto Rico
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Condado Conrad Hotel. Rooms clean, facilities great with fantastic sea view. Not boring and close to Old San Juan. I highly recommend this hotel for those visiting Puerto Rico or local residents.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,140 reviews
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!