“Good location,easy to get around town.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Condado Plaza Hilton

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Dayton, Ohio
“Good location,easy to get around town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Nice hotel,get the ocean view otherwise you're looking at the street or the lagoon. The ocean will put you asleep,ahhhhhhh. All rooms also have a safe which was good for cellphones,iPads and wallets while on the beach. There are plenty of areas to lounge and not crowded though the public area is in the same vicinity. There are hammocks alongside the ocean and plenty of lounging chairs. Towels are available to guests and cool cloths for you doing the day sunbathing. There are two large pools,and jacuzzi available,outdoor massages and poolside Catina service. If you want to venture out a bus stop is in front( you can get change at the desk, .75 must have exact change) or to rent a car Enterprise is two doors down. There's lots of places to eat nearby and local shopping all within a reasonable walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for an Oceanside room. All rooms have a balcony as well.
1 Thank Miviw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,006)
Oberlin, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our second stay a year later than the first and we found it much improved. Service was better and renovations finished. The beach and pool area were great with great service. The housekeeping staff were excellent. My husband caught our housekeeper as we were headed out one morning and gave him a modest tip and asked him to make the room nice. When we came back,it was gorgeous! He had made a special effort, hung up wet swimsuits nicely, arranged bed beautifully, classical music playing on radio- like walking into an oasis! Desk staff was improved, but long waits sometimes although they were friendly. Ocean view room was peaceful and soothing. Could use some more restaurants as most food was subpar quality- with the exception of pikayo which was great. Had a massage by the ocean one morning, would highly recommend. Thanks for a relaxing stay!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We spent 5 wonderful nights at the Conrad. I was not sure what to expect after reading some reviews but I am so glad we didn't listen to the neagtive ones. We travel frequently and this is one of the best experiences we have ever had! From the moment we arrived everything was perfect. We chose to upgrage to an oceanfront room and it was well worth it! The views and the room were spectacular.There is a resort fee but we knew that when booking when reading the small print so it wasn't a big deal. All of the staff at the hotel were so friendly and eager to help or give you little tips about the island. The location of the hotel is great, we were able to walk to tons of local resturaunts, bars and shops. There is a great casino at the hotel with live music and a great atmosphere. The aqua bar by the pool had great food and drinks, they were a little pricey but that's pretty typical for any resort/hotel. The pools were perfect and never too crowded, we weren't fans of the beach but only because we found the water a little cool and the beach was rocky, not the white sand beaches and clear water we expected, but hey that is San Juan for you. Since the hotel is in a central location it worked great for daytrips. We went to the rainforest, bio bay, old San Juan and the Bacardi distillery. There is an enterprise conected to the hotel so we rented a carn from them for the day and dorve out to the rainforest and the bio bay. It was a lot cheaper doing this and we werent rush vs. doing a tour and paying for transportation. Both places are more than worth the money and time to drive out and see! We went to Old San Juan we were going to take a bus but after waiting a long time and none insight we were able to negotiate with a cab driver and it only cost us $2 per person! The City of Old San Juan was beautiful and full of history, the streets are so much like Europe which make it more magical for me. We also to the ferry to Catano for the Bicardi tour. It once again was so rich with history and niformation we truly enjoyed it! on our last day my husband surprised me with an oceanside massage and it was amamzing!!! If you are even thinking about it, you should just do it, my husband even ended up getting one. Puerto Rico was beautiful and an amazing place to visit, we plan on bringing our children next time as it was such a family friendly place and we have honestly never felt so safe in traveling!

Room Tip: we had 740 it was ocean front and perfect!
4 Thank Tiffanyg1984
Queens Village, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Ok, like other reviewers, I read all the reviews about Conrad and worried myself to death before I got there. Anyone who doesn't enjoy this place is crazy. The Conrad is clean, modern and in a great location. There are many restaurants on Ashford Avenue and its a short trip from Old San Juan and the airport. The pool was perfect (there are 3 of them and a hot tub) and the beach/lagoon although small, serves its purpose. The casino was small - but again served its purpose. They have great happy hours on weekends that they do not really advertise, but it was 2 for 1 drinks from 12-5 in the lobby bar and by the pool - cant beat that. Also there is a lot of room on the property to just "hang" - specifically the hammocks or the balcony/patio area outside of the lobby. You can just lay around have some drinks and watch the ocean - amazing. The restaurants in the hotel are pricey and I would recommend going out and getting authentic Puerto Rican food (its so good & cheaper!). I dont really have a bad thing to say about this place. I would pay for an ocean view room but if you dont its not the end of the world. The Dennys is fine downstairs - waiters are nice & service is fast. I would NOT listen to the negative reviews. The Conrad is a great place to stay if you are looking for a quick/relaxing getaway. Nobody charged us any resort fees or for towels or anything. Just confirm with the front desk when you get there. I would definitely stay at the Conrad again!

6 Thank Aybike G
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed at the Conrad in San Juan - rooms on the ocean side were recently remodeled and would recommend staying in that part of the hotel - had breakfast at the Aqua Bar - great setting - Dinner at Pikay was excellant - great service and great food

Room Tip: Stay on the ocean side
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

After reading numerous reviews and worrying myself to death over it, I'm happy to report ALL WENT WELL FOR MY STAY. Doormen opened doors and were very friendly. It seemed as if there was quite of bit of trainer/trainees on this day, which made the check in process a little slower but not unbearable. We were greeted by George(trainee) and he was very friendly. I asked for a king ocean view room(originally won a bid on priceline for $80 per night, 6 nights). He said he would check and asked Pamela(trainer). Pamela said the upgrade would be $30 per night more. I told her it was fine. She said she only had double rooms available, I told her that would not work. She kept looking and said she would have one ready on the 2nd floor in an hour. I told her I wanted one above the 3rd floor, if possible. She kept looking and found room 832. Now, please understand- I based what I wanted of numerous reviews I had previously read on here and although all the checking may have been more time consuming....IT WAS WELL WORTH IT. The room was spacious and clean and had a BEAUTIFUL view of the ocean! I asked for extra towels and they were brought up promptly. The grounds were well maintained and had plenty of sitting areas. The beach area, though small, was just what we needed. You could walk out into the water and it had little to no waves. You need to walk down the street(Ashford Ave) and see how the water is by the other hotels...now imagine trying to swim in that! The waves are FEROCIOUS! We never ate at any of the on site restaurants as we wanted to venture out and eat the local cuisine. However, we did sit at the lobby bar and have drinks poolside and the service was always great. Check out- YES, they do charge resort fees as this is a resort. If you've ever stayed at a resort in Vegas or San Antonio, you would know and expect this. Everyone that I encountered was very friendly...mind you, I'm from Texas and I don't have to have someone speak to me before I great them with a, GOOD MORNING/AFTERNOON/EVENING- HOW ARE YOU DOING? I would definitely stay here again if I scored the same great deal.

Room Tip: Request ocean view and pay the extra $$ as it is well worth it!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ardsley, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I just spent three nights here at the Conrad. We enjoyed the hotel. The location on the Condado was near so many terrific restaurants and stores. The pool was nicely situated with ample sun and shade and the beach, despite not being private was clean and well cared for. There are also many palm trees there to provide shade for the non sun worshipper. Our room faced the lagoon and it was just terrific. Each morning we had coffee on the balcony. I definitely would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A short walk along the Condado will provide one with many opportunities for breakfast, lunch and din...
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,077 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!