“NOT LIKE THE PICTURES”

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #23 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Ok I believe in being an honest reviewer this I believe will help those looking for an honest opinion. I thought the rooms here were of an institutional feel , the fixtures were cheap the wall paint not friendly looked like block wall. Pillows not good nor the bed but the outside little beach and pools were nice. Nothing around in walking distance , the Casino level had all food options but wow is it loud there the resturants not great and dont think about the Dennys it was terrible!! I cant say much else I dont understand the rating others are giving I am not a 5 star hotel guy I love comfort Inns and Holiday inns this wasnt even close to those.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Have stayed here twice and was satisfied both times. Clean rooms, service good, nice pools, and right on beach. Will stay here again. Beach side had great views and back side was acceptable.
DO NOT EAT AT DENNY'S ACROSS STREET, TERRIBLE~!
Jer in Texas

Room Tip: Nice place with nice rooms, slow elevators. Will stay here again.
1  Thank Jerry7111
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed in this hotel but booked through Hotwire. We arrived a family of four and had a room with a King size bed. No other rooms were available (we even offered to pay more). There could be no change on our reservation. Hotels should not sign up to Hotwire if they then don't want to serve these customers properly. So the two teenagers slept on the floor (the hotel provided one blow up bed and we bought one at Walgreen's for $6!). The room was very clean, the bathroom also. We had a small balcony overlooking the lagoon. Would have prefered Ocean view big time! Although I guess lagoon is better than street view (the worst option of the three).
Their pool is nice but not eated so we went over to spend the day at la Concha (Renaissance Hotel) a few blocks away for $5 each. The staff at the Conrad were very nice but the hotel seems limited in its ability to provide top notch service.

Room Tip: Book Ocean view through the Hotel directly (not through Hotels.com nor Expedia nor Hotwire). If you...
1  Thank GaGaMeHarley
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Condado Hilton on a Business Trip for my Husband. The room was beautiful and our view from the LARGE balcony was of the city -- gorgeous at night. Had a non-smoking room but had smoke coming in from the vents the first night. Called the front desk and they FIXED it immediately. The room was smoke-free within the hour. The pool and hot tub on the bay side was quiet (few people used it) and I thoroughly enjoyed the peacefulness. The slots were loose in the casino. The staff was so patient with the group which was made up of all ages, but the young 20-somethings were partying a bit hard, causing some damage and probably some customer complaints. The hotel management and staff handled everything with grace and skills honed by years in the trade. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. Try the sushi bar up by the casino! YUM!

Room Tip: Bayside gets you a view of the city lights at night. Why get a room with a view of the sea when you...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Carol B
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed in the ocean tower, a much nicer area of the hotel. The rooms are very nice with a large glass shower, in a large bathroom area. The bedding was comfortable and the HVAC worked great, which made for a very restful night. The food inside the hotel is good. There is a Denny’s for more moderate simple fare and the Noodle Bar with some of the best Chinese I have had – have the hot and sour soup. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: choose an ocean tower room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tmtrvl
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is no swanky 5 star resort but it delivered everything we wanted from it. We stayed in one of the mini suites across the street and those sleeping arrangements work well for us. We mostly ate out but had one very good meal at the chinese restaurant in the hotel. The casino was only fair and not very large, but still nice. Great location to take day trips to old San Juan ($15 - $20 per taxi) The access to stores was a bit of a walk. Ate at the wonderful Casitta Miramar a 15 minute walk away on advice of a tour guide. He was right on! Bottom line I would stay there again and reccommend it to anyone not needing the highest of luxury resorts.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was excited to be here to have a room on the ocean. That is the best part of this hotel. It's right near a small airport, so airplanes fly right overhead as early as 6AM, pretty much every morning. Since there is a casino here there can be quite a crowd sometimes. People on vacation coming back can be quite loud. That happens about once a week.

The prices in the shop and at the restaurants are like airport prices - $2.59 for a can of soda - but there is a gift shop down the street where you can get sodas for a $1. The beach next to the hotel is very small and it is a public beach. Since it is in a cove there are really no waves. While security does walk around there doesn't seem to be anything preventing people from walking in off the beach to the outside elevator and getting to any floor they wish. I haven't had a problem, but that makes me nervous, so I tend to get a room at the other end of the hall from the outside elevator.

The service here is virtually non-existent. I asked for a different blanket and it took 3 conversations and 30 minutes to get one. I had an incident where they mopped my floor with stinky water and my whole room smelled. I had to make 2 separate requests before someone eventually showed up with room freshener.

They are on some kind of cost-cutting measure where they stop the AC going down below 68. I don't know what the actual room temperature is, but 68 does not get the humidity out. I had to make a special request for them to fix my thermostat so I can set it at 66. That took 2 days to happen and that's only because I know one of the front desk managers from another hotel.

Finally, the straw that broke the camel's back this week is that someone from housekeeping walked right into my room without knocking or announcing himself. The housekeeping manager apologized right away but all I got was "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" and attitude from the weekend front desk manager.

If my company didn't have a contract with this place I wouldn't stay here another night.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main tower. The rooms are generally larger. Some of the rooms in the tower across...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business