We got back from a four night / five day stay there last week. Given some of the reviews we saw and location we thought it was a home run.
When we got there we checked out our room. It was nice. The bathroom is small, the vanity is half blocked by the toilet so you have to stand off to the side to use the sink. The shower door leaked really bad, ending up with a huge puddle on the floor. Took just about all our towels just to sop it up. The bathroom door is a sliding door that doesnt cover completely so you do not have total privacy and there is no lock, just like a closet door. The balcony is really big but the railing is old and rusty and I was afraid to put any weight on it. The view however was nice of Ashford Avenue.
The service varied a lot. From the basics like the doormen, that was fine.. Hard to mess that up. The service inside any of the restaurants, beach bar, gift shop and so on, was horrible and the prices are criminal. $3.00 for a can of coke at the gift shop. You can rent snorkeling equipment at the pool area to use at the beach. I am experienced in scuba and it really is not hard to care for basic equipment such as mast, snorkel and fins. The fins were ok. The mask given to me was scratched up and had sand all over jammed in the cracks. Also the strap that goes on your head wouldnt stay, that is because it was missing parts and they tied knots in the strap so you cant adjust it.
Back to the price of things.. A meal for my wife and I at the cafe was $45.00. Basically everything is expensive. The only thing there that is not crazy is the Dennys, however you can expect unspeakably horrible service from waiting to be seated, to order, refills, to pay, the list goes on. I watched four staff members playing on their phones together by the kitchen entrance while we waited on our food for 15 min. If not that the service everywhere stinks, we would have left. People stood at the front to be seated for 7 minutes before the guy yelled hello to get attention. If you have a car, you will pay $3.00 a hour up to $16.00 per day to park there - even for guests. There is also a daily resort fee... They nickel and Dime you.
We also booked a excursion to the Bio Bay. Be aware, there is a weight limit of 250. They did not tell me this when we booked the excursion for two hundred dollars. I had to learn of the weight limit researching it online. I called down and they then told me oh yes, there is a limit.. Keep in mind... I do not look like I weigh 250, wish I did, but no.. Took four days to get a refund and daily trips to the conceirge to keep on them.
All in all, considering I see prices online for hundreds a night to stay there, not worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham