My stay in 2011 was incredible, my stay 2012...... Not so much. In 2011 we stayed in an Ocean Suite room 1036 which was amazing. We returned and stayed in a Spa Junior suite and that room was great. But the view was ridiculous! Graffiti on the bldg next door being covered up by an advertising banner..... And an abandoned bldg out our side window....... And we could barely see the ocean. Note: Never pick a Lagoon Tower room!
For my first visit I was blown away by the A+ customer service Manager Maria Villa provided. I tried to arrange another visit with her but they said she no longer works there. I dealt with Leah Rossi the 2nd time and she was awesome! I had a Valentines Day gift shipped to the hotel for my fiance so that it would be in our room upon arrival and she saw to it that the plan was executed. Thanks!!
I admired her customer service and dedication, but when I tried to arrange my 3rd visit, she had a hard time getting back to me by email for weeks to confirm the room that was not listed online so I just stayed else where. By the time she got back to me, it was days before the trip and I'm not a last minute traveler!
At my 2nd visit, I even toured the family suite to confirm my interest of returning with other guests but it was so TINY. You are better off getting 2 rooms! (A guy at the front desk assisted and he was awesome! Name was Ortiz or Orlando can't remember ....short, bald to low cut head, attractive)
Also, they need to know that all suites should have moderate to large bathrooms no matter what type. The spa suite bathroom was huge!!! But the family suite bath was as cramped as the standard rooms bath!
I also noticed that Denny's was across the street on my 2nd visit....... Don't recall seeing it in 2011 but it was good food. They even served cocktails!!
Well, I think it's time to move on to other hotel experiences. It was great while it lasted.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham