New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Condado Plaza Hilton

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Second Stay. This time it was even better than the first.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Great value through Hotwire again. Previously stayed here June 2010 too. The hotel was very good back then, but even better now. Looks like it was remodeled since then. The room was redone with quality furniture, linens and small flat screen. Outlets can be found near each bed, at desk and bathroom. Wifi included in rate but as usual these days it had a lousy signal (kind of worthless). The bathroom was large with iron & ironing board, high quality toiletries, safe, refrigerator and single use coffee maker with Yaucono coffee products (pretty awesome Puerto Rican coffee). The large balcony had 2 chairs with little table and an amazing city view that overlooked the Bay Area of San Juan (behind the high rises across the street). From the 7th floor you had great city/bay views. You could see the two cruise ships at the port easily. Many eateries nearby. Hotel is at west end of Isla Verde area and weekend traffic on Ashford is brutally slow - you could almost walk quicker. Hotel is right over the bridge from the Old San Juan area. You could walk there if up to it or catch a taxi. Hardly any parking in Old San Juan. Will stay here again. Also there was a large pool area and a small delughtful public beach area that is basically private due to its difficult access and no public parking - unless one wants to valet park for $25-$30. I have been here twice and have yet to enjoy the beautiful and clean beach with crystal clear ocean water. Hopefully on my next visit.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank zurak87

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had not stayed at this property for over 10 years. Everything else was sold out or $400.00 so I decided to give it a try since I knew it had been remodeled and renamed with the Conrad (Hilton) name. My room was the Bay Tower. I have to say that I was truly disappointed. The carpeting in the common areas of that tower are not only ugly but look really worn out. Walking next to the casino on the way to Bay Tower, there is a really bad smell like OLD wet carpets.
The room and balcony were spacious, however, bed was the lowest I have every seen and the bathroom is for midgets. I was up against the shower door and even hit my head against the sink counter when I reached down for something.
The best thing about this hotel is location and the restaurant on site, Pikayo. Other than that I will continue to avoid it and use the Marriott like I always do.

Room Tip: Not sure if the room on the beach tower are any better, but worth the try.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LuvGoodDining
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

First of all the contemporary decor is stunning from the lobby to the rooms and in between. Someone has paid attention to the details. The room was one of the most comfortable and convenient I have ever stayed in. Sliding barn doors open to the bath/dressing area. they provide a small fridge, lots of mirrors, big vanity area, a place to put things down on a huge lounge couch, ample desk, large TV/monitor, a balcony! (love balconies) lights where there should be lights, FREE WIFI!!! nice beach, super close to everything and the staff is fantastic.
The only complaint is it was almost impossible finding a plug near a sitting area in the lobby. Non outside so I couldn't work watching the magnificent view.
I doubt I'll ever visit Puerto Rico again but if you do this is a really good choice. Specially compared to the Wyndham Mar Resort we stayed earlier in the week in Luquillo.

Room Tip: There are 2 towers. To get to the back tower you have to cross through the mezzanine and i don't...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sellnhomes
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at the Conrad Hotel during the month of January 2013. During my stay I experienced alot of very nice people working at the hotel. Since I was there for the whole month due to business, I had alot of time to enjoy the facilities. All the staff were very nice including the front desk all the way to the maid service. I was really impressed with the pool staff since I spent many days around the pool area on my off time. Everyone was very accomodating every day by always asking if I needed anything or was there anything they could do to help me enjoy my stay. I would especially like to thank the pool manager Yocasta and her staff (Christian, Hector, Joharys, Sara, Jonathan, Fel) they really went out of their way to help me and others feel comfortable during our long stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a great place to stay while they are in Puerto Rico.

Room Tip: The ocean views are excellent.
Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Shannon F
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We booked thru Priceline and stayed one night before cruise. We got there early and were given a room overlooking beach. The room was very nice and the staff was very nice. Good location. Taxes added a lot to price. Beach is small but nice. Pools are very nice. Did not eat at hotel.

Room Tip: Check in as early as possible to get a room overlooking the ocean.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Gary M
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This review is not to comment on the actual stay at the hotel but to recognize customer service that went above and beyond. While standing in line at security I realized that I had left an item in the safe in the hotel room. I called the hotel and they located the item immediately, The hotel manager then personally drove to the airport and delivered the item through security to make sure that I had the item before I left Puerto Rico. I was amazed at the level of service provided after my error in order to help me out. I'd like to recognize this service and say thank you!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank WV4476
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Wanting some warmth in the middle of an East Coast winter, I headed for San Juan's Conrad Condado Plaza hotel. I had stayed there many times before it became a Hilton and I found the improved decor very impressive. My room on the 10th floor faced the ocean and was beautifully decorated. And the bathroom with a free standing glass shower was stunning.

This is not a Small Luxury Hotel so do not expect a greeting by name when you walk in the door but the staff was pleasant and setting good.

The restaurant that served breakfast was less than inspiring I. Decor, although the staff was efficient. But the restaurant called Pikaya was beyond wonderful. Top quality service and food.

All in all a nice three day get-away.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor facing ocean and don't take the first room offered.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#6 of 14 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,930 reviews

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!