For San Juan standards this place is nice to spend a few days. Our biggest complaint was the noise as others have mentioned. Our first night was awesome with the only sound of crashing waves outside our balcony. (With Diamond HHonors, they upgraded us to a breathtaking view of the ocean, $7 vouchers to use towards any of their 3 breakfast restaurants, and gave 2 bottles of water). The upgraded water view was by far the best perk as you saw nothing but water outside your room and could hear the crash of the waves. Back to the noise - on the second night, the hotel was near occupancy with several cruises leaving the next day. We could hear every door slam, shout, and our next-door neighbors yelling. This was amplified because they have those room to room doors and sound travels through the gaps easily.
Overall, a good stay in a great location. Before returning to the Condado, we would probably try staying at the Hilton Caribe next time we are in San Juan. We have stayed at the Doubletree, which is nice but the lagoons/ocean near the Conrad Condado and Caribe are gorgeous and worth the extra $.
Other tips / Special Mentions:
- Using the breakfast vouchers - use them at Denny's because they go further and we actually thought the food was better than the Caribe lounge.
- the city bus picks you up in front near the lagoon beach. For $0.75 it will take you to Old Town.
- for dinner, try some of the restaurants down the street instead of the overpriced Hilton restaurants
- the rooms were modern and spaciously optimized. Comfy sofa, very nice bathroom with walk-in glass shower, and coffeemaker w/ refridge. Small complaint with 19 inch TV, when 32 inches should be the industry standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham