Le me first state the few good aspects of this property: It is very modern and looks like something out of a movie or magazine, the bar tender we had on our first night was awesome and that is about it.
We ended up spending about a hundred dollars in additional fees at check out as other people have stated which is ridiculous but if my experience was better I wouldn't have minded as much. We stayed in a suite which had a pleasant view of the road which was not what we asked for or book and for about $500 a night is totally unacceptable. Our suite was rather small but I could live with that because it was attractive and clean.
Our hot water did not work when we went to shower to go out for our last night in San Juan. We called down to the desk and were told we would get a call back immediately. We waited over an hour then called again and were given an attitude finally a couple hours later as we were leaving a maintenance man was sent up after we already took cold showers which was hard to communicate he spoke no English.
The beach isn't much of a beach and on our second to last day we were told the waves were too rough we could not use chairs and they didn't want people on the beach. Not to mention it is a very tiny public beach!!
The final straw for me though was the fact they were filming what I was told was a movie in the hotel one day and we were told we couldn't use the elevators or escalator!! When I complained to the concierge I was told that I was falsely informed. I think if they were going to have all this going on and we4 were being blocked out of certain places I should have been informed of this when I called before I booked.
I was left with a feeling of being ripped off and would not ever recommend this property to anyone. I am debating contacting the better business bureau about this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham