I stayed at this hotel two weeks for work in Feb 2012. I stayed in an ocean view on the 7th floor. Check-in went smoothly (around 7pm) without a wait. My first room was on the 3rd floor and was very very noisy due to a wedding in the lobby area. I changed rooms the next night up to the 7th floor without a problem. The rooms were modern and clean. There is a safe, mini-fridge, coffee maker in each room. Omel/Otel? at the front desk is very great, friendly and eager to assist.
I dined at the Caribe cafe for breakfast and service is quick and the coffee is good (better than Dennys). The Denny's located in the hotel opened 1 week prior to my arrival so I dined here quite a bit (and for a lot cheaper) too! The Denny's is REALLY nice and new with a full-bar (cheaper drinks without the view). The servers are all BRAND new and very uneasy--it's pretty obvious. I cut them some slack because the place just opened a week prior.
The pool bar (bartender David) is great and very friendly but drinks are a littly pricy. I loved the swim up bar option too.
The lobby bar (bartender Chris) is nice 'swanky' vibe and has happy hour in the afternoons!
Eight Noodle Bar has pretty good food. The service is not friendly...but the sushi is pretty good.
The gym is very nice and has everything you could want including a sauna and jacuzzi! Free weights, dumb bells, kettle bells, bozu balls, medicine balls, treadmills, etc etc
Pools are nice--salt water pool, 2 other pools, 2 jacuzzis. Servers also walk around taking orders. The one issue was the towels. You cannot get a towel after 6pm at the pool and you must return them to the towel attendant by 6 or you will be charged 25.00 to your room. (Thus, you have to take the towel back to the pool the next day to turn it back in to avoid the charge.)
The beach is pretty small and is right off of the main road (Ashford).
Casino is open 24hrs but not all the tables are open all the time. They have one or two tables operating in 'off-peak' times. (before noon)
There is no shuttle from the airport. (It's about 15 mins away from airport) Old San Juan is just over the bridge a few miles and is a great place to eat and walk around. A taxi will take you for 14.00/each way. Parking in the hotel is 16.00/day to self-park.
Checkout was the worst part of my trip. Having stayed for two weeks I had a LONG bill and decided to go to the desk early to get a print-out to review the bill before checking out. I reviewed over breakfast and noticed a charge for the in room water (7.00) that I did not consume. The front desk removed the charge once I told them--no problem. Everything else seemed accurate and I decided to pay and check-out. I asked if possible to put 'incidentals(food) on one bill and the room + tax on another bill' with two forms of payment for work voucher reasons. She told me it was not a problem--It took 45 mins for me to get checked out. There was an issue separating the charges into different folios and apparently was much more complicated than I thought it would be. The girl became visible agitated and annoyed with the whole process. Her co-worker (Oneida?) helped her and figured out the issues. Once printed I noticed a charge that should not have been on the food bill, it was a room fee. I showed her and they fixed it but at this point everyone was frustrated. If they told me it was THAT difficult to split the charges I would not have done it.
As I walked away and said 'thank you' she didn't say a word and her acted highly annoyed at me for something that she couldn't figure out. After spending that amount of money I would expect a 'thank you' in reply from the front desk check out staff.
Overall, I enoyed the hotel property and all the amenities. I enjoyed most of the staff with the exception of the front desk (morning) group. The lines were always extremely long and they were not trying very hard to be nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham