I just returned from a wonderful 4 days in San Juan. I stayed at the Conrad hotel and I enjoyed every minute of it. I read a lot of mixed reviews prior to booking at the hotel, but I am happy I booked at this hotel. The staff was pleasant and the hotel actually looks like the pictures they have on-line. The outside of the hotel looks plain, but the inside is to die for. The food at the hotel is expensive, but hell it's restaurants at a 4 star resort. I suggest breakfast at the Caribe Cafe and a burger at the aqua bar. The noodle bar has really good asian cusines at a fair price. Not only are the food expensive at the hotel, but all over the condado area and some restaurants in Old San Juan. So be prepare to spend at least $20 per meal. Cabs are reasonably price. It's a flat rate everywhere. Do not pay for any tours of the Barcardi Factory. Just take a taxi from the hotel (which is $15) to Pier #2 and catch the ferry (50 cents one-way) over to the Factory. You get free drinks and a free tour. You can also tour Old San Juan for free, by catching the free trolley.
PROS: I will stay at this hotel again. It's a great deal and the views of the ocean are to die for. Great location and easy access point to anywhere on the island. The ride from the airport to the hotel is about 20 minutes long and it only cost $20.
CONS: The Beach is small and very rocky, but you can go to other locations within a 10 minute walk to enjoy a larger smoother beach. The other con is that I did not win enough money at the casino. I also wish they had a nightclub at the hotel.
Overall: I loved this hotel and this is the best time of the year to go. Weather is perfect and the hotel is not crowded. Beautiful hotel with a great Staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham