“Nice place”

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #24 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Nice hotel, located in an exclusive area. Good staff, restaurants and installations.

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Very nice hotel, rooms were spacious and had a nice balcony that overlooked the ocean.
Cute small casino is where we spent a few nights .

Front desk staff was helpful and answered our questions.

Only thing ill say is even tho they have a few pools and hottubs, its about a ten minute walk to find what I
would call a nice beach to spend day at.

They have a little beach next to hotel which is public and is basically on the bay.

Dining at the hotel was nice, if overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My friend & I stayed here for a few day as our mini vacation but did not enjoy the hotel much. The beach is a public beach, really crowded & LOUD on the weekend. The chairs were free for hotel guests but we had to pay $11 a day for the umbrella. The size of the room was good but we could hear doors slammed late into the night, conversations in the hall, street traffic..not very sound proof. Not enough elevators for such a big hotel.

The breakfast vouchers are great but you have to get there early like 7:30 - 8:00AM if you don't want to wait 30-40 minutes for a table and then wait another 30min for your eggs. The chambermaid knocked on the door at 9ish & when we asked that she come back, she gave us attitude and never cleaned the room that day.

Like the area..walked around on Ashford Ave. Great restaurants nearby like Ropa Vieja and the Perurrican place. Even the diner like place (open 24hrs) near the Walgreens had good food.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ktatravel
LeahRossi, Front Office Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2011

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay at the Conrad. I am very sorry that you weren't aware of the public beaches here in Puerto Rico prior to your stay. We understand that excellent service ranges from aspects such as timely delivery to friendly service from all staff members. In regards to your breakfast and maid experience, we deeply apologize that you did not feel well-taken care of. It is nice to see that you enjoyed the location of the property however. Again, we appreciate your review and are always working to improve details like these. Please contact me should you wish to stay again and perhaps we can arrange for a less-busy time.

Best Regards,

Leah Rossi
Concierge
Guest Services Manager
leah.rossi@conradhotels.com

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I've been to this hotel a few times for business, this last trip I took my family. Here are a few things to know. First the beach is quite small and is not exclusive to the hotel; it is a public beach and can be crowded on the weekends. Also, there is a busy road right next to the beach; the photos cleverly stop before showing the road. However the beach is beautiful and holds a nice variety of small fish and crabs. The kids had a ball finding all the creatures in the water. The pools were also nice and there is a swim-up bar, however, getting the bartenders attention was quite difficult despite the bar not being crowded. The hotel is split into two parts, one with an ocean view, and one with a lagoon view. Having stayed in both sides, I found both equally nice and clean, no issues at all. There are a few very nice restaurants in the hotel; I've eaten at all of them. The food is very good, but expect to pay more than you would think. There is also a very large casino with live entertainment; I'm not a gambler so I did not go into the casino.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The Condado is the place that my business typically books for their work in downtown San Juan - it's about 15 - 20 minutes from where we work, so it is conveniently located, and in a nice area. From a business perspective, it has the basics - WiFi, copiers, fax machines and the like. It also works well for those of us who work late hours when out of town, since it has room service and multiple restaurants in house, so you can come in after a long day of work and stay at the hotel for the rest of the evening. I thought the room service menu was limited, but all you have to do is go down to the mezzanine to find multiple restaurants. There are a handful of decent restaurants close by, but only a few that I would consider "walking distance". Otherwise, you'll need to get in the car and make a short drive.

Similarly, from a sightseeing perspective, the Condado is convenient, if only for the fact that it is not far from old San Juan. However, if you like to mix your business travel with sightseeing, I'd try to get something a little closer to old San Juan, if only for the fact that you can then get out and about directly from the hotel in the evenings. There is a smallish casino on site, where you can spend some time, if that's the sort of thing that interests you.

All in all, the Condado is not a bad hotel, it's just not a great hotel. It fits the bill and gives you what you need in a hotel, with a little added convenience. If you want a comfortable bed, a decent room, and not much else, the Condado works just fine. The decor seems a little jarring in the lobby, but most of us don't spend hours/days in the lobby - so, in my opinion, no harm, no foul. As far as business travel goes, no complaints. If I were traveling for pleasure, however, I would be looking enviously at the sandy beaches across the bay at the Caribe Hilton or wishing I were in old San Juan.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Need I say more. Very disappointed in the service here. The only good thing about this hotel is the cleaning crew. They kept our bed clean and gave us adequate towels. Everyone else is subpar. Took over 2 hours to check in and get our keys to our room. The food was terrible at Cafe Caribe. If you come at 9 am or later expect at least 30 mins wait in line and another 30 minutes for your breakfast to come. This hotel needs a major restructuring in management. The staffs are under-trained in customer service. Too many bad things to list. I will never come back here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Very nice hotel. Great location. Lots of food options. Wonderful snorkling, just off the hotel beach. Going back soon!!

Room Tip: I love to hear the waves, so I go for the ocean view! The lagoon view, was also nice. Never hurts to...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!