“Cannot Say Enough About This Hole In The Wall Restaurant”

Mojito's Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 1,046 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Puerto Rican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: directly across from public parking garages in Old San juan
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Food was fantastic and extremely reasonable for the taste and quality. I had the whole snapper with rice and beans and flavor was perfect on everything. Service was a little spotty (they seemed extremely busy, it was a Saturday night). The only con we experienced were the drinks (alcoholic) were terrible! Margarita was like water and tequila with no sours or lime juice. Mojito was not good either. I believe the bartender hadn't showed up for work that day which was the issue. Overall would highly, highly recommend the food if you are in the area. Overall a great local-feeling choice in a very touristy area.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

My time at Mojito's included a lot of firsts: it was my first time having coconut flan and my first time having mofongo. Both were really good experiences. We started on the inside of the restaurant, but it was very cold so we decided to eat outside at one of the sidewalk tables. This was both good and bad. The good part is that it was a very nice afternoon. The bad part was that every so often there would be someone asking for money. The food and the service made up for this, though.

For my first time eating mofongo, I had it with a cod topping in a red sauce. It was really good although the fish was a little overcooked. The side order of plantains that we ordered went well with this dish. The star of our time at the restaurant, for me at least, was the flan. A year ago, I had an amazing piece of fresh, homemade flan and was unsure if the one at Mojito's could come close. It did. The flan is made fresh at the restaurant and comes in slices rather than the usual round shape. It was amazing. I definitely recommend making this one of your go to lunch spots while you're on the island.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

It was more like a old familiar Spanish kitchen. The food was great, fresh and delicious. Was not that impressed as far as the feel of the restaurant and how fast the service was. The prices were the same as they are in New York. I think we were looking for options that we don't find at the Spanish restaurants in New York. It was a nice experience but I would not race to go back there.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had lunch at the recommendation of our guide who took our group to Old San Juan. We were not let astray. The food was delicious. I had mofongo de pollo (with garlic sauce) and my husband a carne fritas (with black beans and rice that were to die for). All was so tasty and highlighting local flavors. The atmosphere is tight-packed and can get bistro-noisy, but we loved it because it reminded us of Europe trips. Service was pretty quick and very friendly.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great local restaurant for authentic Puerto-Rican food. great location. decent service. strong drinks.