“Great again!”

Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This was my second trip back to Fefo's and two years later...great quality food, reasonable prices, perfect cafe service in Old San Juan. We had salmon with mushrooms and nice steak salad. The coconut flan is a must have! We sat at the bar and had great personalized service complete with local travel advice. Sangria and virgin piña coladas were perfect on this hot day. We will go here again before heading back home.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Like the title says. It is an OK place. Nothing spectacular. Food was ok, service was meh. I had the brunch. Not sure if I would visit the place again.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were directed to Fefos by the woman in the information booth after searching for way to long for somewhere to eat. We walked into Fefos and it was so refreshing!! The atmosphere was relaxed with chic simple decor. Our server was super nice (I forgot his name: tall, early 20's, handsome), and was also the bartender. He had just made a batch of sangria wich we bought a 1/2 carafe of...so delicious!!! We decided to try the trifongo (recommended by the info woman). Soooooo Gooood!!!!
I got the chicken trifongo which was excellent, but I tried my cousins shrimp trifongo and it was amazing!!! It was so good tht my husband met my cousin and I at Fefos when we were finishing up, tried both of ours, and decided to order shrimp trifongo to go.
I can't wait to go back to San Juan and visit Fefos again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went to Fefo's on our last trip and it was one of the best food experiences we've had so we knew we had to go back this time. Unfortunately, it seems that since they've gotten more popular their food quality has gone down and the prices have gone up. Don't get me wrong it was still good but it wasn't great. The last time we were there for breakfast we had these wonderful homemade pancakes that were the size of a dinner plate. This time the pancakes tastes box mix made and were the size of a saucer. Also, the food wasn't as well seasoned as last time. The breakfast potatoes were bland and undercooked and the eggs had no seasoning what so ever.
I also felt as though the service wasn't very good. The waitress seemed to give the locals excellent service but us "tourists" got looked over a lot.
We will go back next time we're in Old San Juan just to make sure they weren't just having an off day but I have a feeling the "Old World" charm has been replaced by dollar signs in this establishment and that's a real shame.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Their trifongo is literally the most delicious thing I've ever eaten.
It was a perfect stop while wandering around Old San Juan. The staff was kind and helpful. It's a local place, so brush up on your Spanish food vocabulary.
Loved it.