“Happy Coincidence!”

Cafe Carli Concierto
More attraction details
Owner description: Jazz pianist Carli Munoz, who played with the likes of B.B. King, the Beach Boys and Les McCann, is not only the proprietor of Café Concierto but its main performer.
Bluffton
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Happy Coincidence!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I were enjoying our last night in San Juan when we happened upon Carli's Restaurant. We were unaware that we were in the presence of a Jazz legend but we enjoyed the music of Carli Munoz and a young cellist. The food was delicious, the server was attentive and they had this salt scrub in the restroom that makes your hands really smooth. It was a romantic atmosphere and we really enjoyed our evening.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank efairchild

New Castle, Delaware
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Serendipitous Happy Hour Find!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stopped at this restaurant's outdoor cafe for a rest and a happy hour cocktail after a pleasant and tiring walk. Service was exemplary and when we found ourselves near to it the following day, we paid another visit. We enjoyed great service, great cocktails and great appetizers ( loved the tuna carpaccio and seafood ceviche ! ). Nice to hear the jazz, too, even if from the patio, Servers ( Wolfgang and Orlando ) were attentive and great to chat with!! Hope to dine here again!!

Visited May 2012
3 Thank DEFoodLover
Viriginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC EVENING STRESS RELIEVER”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I took my wife out for dinner on "date night". It was the weekend prior to Valentines so we headed to old San Juan. The restaurant I was going to dine was full and since I had no reservations we had to leave. As we were walking back to our car, we stumbled across Carli's Piano Bar & Restaurant. The restaurant looked inviting so we decided to go in. Immediately, the server, Fausto took care of us from start to end, He was extremely polite and accommodating.

My wife looked stunning so I really wanted to impress her. Sure enough, Carli met and exceeded our high expectations. The piano played by Carli was simply put exquisite and relaxing. For us locals, finding a place to eat away from the hustle and bustle is a must.

My wife ordered the Rib Eye Steak with natural mashed potatoes, her dish was delicious and filling. My risotto with filet tips was to die for, but the portion was extremely small. Nonetheless, we had a bottle of wine and the croquetas stuffed with risotto as an appetizer, which turned out to be so good!!

If you want a romantic night in a classy ambiance then Carli's restaurant will not disappoint.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Neutralizer
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Outstanding food, Outstanding service”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

My husband and I were in Old San Juan for the San Sebastian Festival...and stumbled across this little gem. The menu looked great, and the staff were all so inviting. They let us know that there would be live jazz piano played by the owner/ex-beach boys member, later that night...so we stayed. The food was fantastic! We had crab cakes, encrusted with plantains (I have so far not been a huge plantain fan, but this was outstanding). We both then ordered a pasta dish. They were incredible. My husband's fettuccini with salmon, mussels and shrimp was one of the best pasta dishes we have ever eaten. The atmosphere was great, on the patio, people watching. We then moved inside to listen to the amazing piano playing by Carli. Again, the service continued to be outstanding. We ordered mojitos, and watched the fantastic bartender do his thing. He was on fire! The drinks were so good...and strong I may add..and a very good price. Men, if you want to impress your lady,,,I recommend taking them here...it will for sure be a great night :)

Visited January 2012
2 Thank John F
Comayagua, Honduras
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“An Old San Juan Gem”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I would have never thought that San Juan would have a world class jazz club/restaurant, but Carli's is just that! Great food, great music, great atmosphere, and awesome location in Old San Juan, and one of the best bartenders you'll find in any city in the world. Highly recommended!

Visited December 2011