“Great little place to lay your head”
Review of Hotel Iberia

Hotel Iberia
Ranked #40 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Our stay at Hotel Iberia was very nice. We had a peaceful time in an easy place to keep our bags. Nothing too extravagant, but the staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooftop porch was a hidden gem, and it was only a 5 min walk to Ashford Ave, which is the "main strip", so to speak. Reasonably priced as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank finfan1337

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for many, many years. And, I will continue to stay. The Hotel owner and staff treated me great, the room was great and quiet. I slept so well. Staying there is like staying at home. Also, I lost my credit card and had no cash in hand and the owner graciously helped me until i resolved the situation. He ensured that I felt comfortable and that I had everything that I needed until my flight was on schedule again. Thank you Don Cristobal, you always make feel welcomed and that means a great deal to me. I completely recommend this hotel if you are staying in Puerto Rico.

Room Tip: if you want to sleep well, ask for the rooms in the back. You will sleep and rest well.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank oscar47369
Reviewed January 9, 2014

As I didn't expect when I arrived this hotel became my favorite cheap hotel up to now! The location is ok, you can walk to most attractions of San Juan in a very short time and the beaches are only a couple of minutes away. There's a large market next to the hotel, that is a big plus! Also the hotel itself is nice. The owner and the staff are very friendly. Don't ask too much, they really love to talk and to explain; on the other hand you'll receive a lot of great information and insiders' tips as we did, i.e. for cheap car rentals. Also they helped me a lot with cleaning some clothing stuff for me! Unfortunately there's no elevator so it was hard to bring all our luggages two floors upstairs. The room was ok, very small but clean. The bathroom was rather bad than good. Probably the best thing of the hotel is the rooftop bar, there you get a lot of seats and stuff and a great and cheap bar, we enjoyed it and they like to give free drinks to girls and their friends ;)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julian P
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Although they were lacking in amenities, Hotel Iberia's staff tries to make up for it. The roof top garden was the high light of the hotel. We started and ended our day relaxing on the terrace. The neighborhood in which it is located made the hotel homey. The rooms and the bathrooms were small but the air conditioners worked well. Within walking distance to a grocery store, beach, restaurants, bus lines, museums and things to do.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Denise A
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The lobby of this place LOOKS decent after a six hour red-eye. Just staying for night, because we didn't want to waste a resort day, was enough to make me ill. First, THERE'S CHEAPER HOTELS that are clean, all over San Juan. After five-star prices, my cheapo picked this sickening shack. THEY GAVE ME USED SHEETS !!! Thank goodness I looked! Filthy! I almost lost it. Handwritten signs advise not to flush TOILET PAPER! Electric wires are exposed, and the dirt and dust on every surface is old. Nasty PLASTIC old pitchers, with random cups are on a bare dresser. No phones, just holes. Unidentified filth on doors, and broken pseudo wood fixtures, a 12" step UP to bathroom, and a light OUTSIDE it completes the ambience. Oh, stained 'bed spreads' , but the reception man was nice

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Cynthia C
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I was at Iberia Hotel with my family we were very impressed with the hotel facilities.The room with 2 beds was very clean and the bathroom was impeccable with clean towel and a pleasant smell. We specially enjoy the terrace which was full of flowers and a great relaxing atmosphere. The hotel is state in nice area,where we found Casino, beaches and stores.The employes were always willing to help in with all are requests.The next year we'll be estate again at hotel Iberia and we recommend .

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eduarditomanon
Reviewed November 8, 2013

After reading other reviews I was nervous about my up coming stay here. I must say some of them seem a little harsh. I am very happy with my choice to book this hotel. The staff are VERY friendly and helpful. The building is very charming on the inside. Our room is clean and the AC is working just fine. The bed is rather uncomfortable but not too bad. I do recommend bringing your own bed spread, the one in our room is pretty old. We brought sheets with us. The bathroom is clean. We also have access to a very nice terrace! If you are looking for a 5 star hotel don't book this hotel. If you are looking for an average room, good value, great costomer service, good location and overall nice experience book this hotel. I feel the lock on the door is sufficient. You get a key to your room (door is always locked) and a key to the front door which is also always locked. There is also a sliding door chain. The hotel is also close to the airport. About a 10 minute ride for around $20. I am only staying here for 2 nights before going on a cruise but if I ever come back to this area I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013