“Excellent small hotel”

Ranked #40 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent small hotel”
Reviewed April 21, 2011

This is an excellent small hotel for business travelers. Was received by the owner and assistant very cordial. Was instructed on places to eat, rooms are very clean, with new air conditioners, LCD television, cable TV, free internet, beach close by.

Tour of the city was arranged, as well as the rain forest

Taxis available within five minutes.

Wil plan to stay on my next trips to the island, and will suggest to my business partners.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank afiadl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Greensboro, SC
Reviewed January 20, 2011

The owner was very friendly and willing to help with all our needs. There is a good supermarket and many restaurants close by. Easy access to beach

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed January 17, 2011

The place is small and rather interesting while staying there it feels as thou its not an actual "hotel" lol, HOWEVER, there's a grocery store a block away, the beach is only 2~3 blocks away and the strip was but a walk away.. No parking for the rental car since the event we went for was in Dorado, We didn't stay on the hotel much, but to sleep and we slept sound, shower was a little awkward, but worked out great. I would definitely going back for the buck, because honestly if you go on vacation as young as we are I would rather spend the time enjoying the island. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE IF YOU'RE IN FOR A FAMILY WITH INFANTS VACATION.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jason D
Dominican Republic
Reviewed October 24, 2010

I frequently travel from the Dominican Republic to Puerto Rico to visit family and friends. As I am a college student I do not have many economic resources, so I have to always find some central and affordable hotel and after a few stayed in San Juan finally I found the one that best fits my budget. Clean, economical, central, with all the facilities you could wish for such as many bus route to different parts of the city to be able to move easily. I think is a Great place to stay in. Thanks to all the hotel staff for being so helpful... hope to be back soon..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed February 25, 2010

If you like semen stained, ripped sheets, a cheap 1950's wooden door that barely locked, and pubic hairs on the soap that were left there by the previous occupants - feel free to consider this hotel . We did not book this hotel. We were bumped by American Eagle who put us into this hotel. We got there about 1 AM, slept with our clothes on, and a chair under the door handle, and promptly left at 6:30 AM We preferred to walk aimlessly about San Juan until our flight out that night - with carry-on's in tow rather than be subjected to such a horrific experience.

After we got home, and I looked up the hotel, I laughed when I saw pictures online of what they consider to be a "hotel." This place is for a 17 year old backpacker- or people on an extremely tight budget. Maybe they gave us the worst room as American Airlines had to pay for the room, but the wires that came from the hall into the room to hook up every electrical item was mind boggling. We have never ever seen such hook- ups.

Do yourself a favor and don't bother even considering the place . They have nothing to offer.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ldtc2
Wisconsin
Reviewed February 20, 2010

For the record, we did not make reservations at this hotel. We were sent to to it by the Oceana Hostal Playero who overbooked and had no room for us despite our reservation. So we headed there- arriving to a front desk that has boxes with wires sticking out and looks like an electrical hazard- and are walked up through this deserted feeling building and shown to a room. We were at a loss for words. The guy who brought us to our room was very nice but he left and we just looked around and didn't know what to think. The room ($90) had no window to speak of, a rickety little table with a Coleman water cooler on it, and a dirty looking bed. That's it. Dim, nothing pretty about it or even slightly appealing. The walls were peeling, there was a little concrete step up to the "bathroom" which had a wet floor around the toilet. The pillowcase and sheets were stained. I called the Oceana and told them we absolutely would not stay there and ended up calling and going to the Hampton Inn in Isla Verde (twice the price and worh every penny after this experience).

I have no idea about the reviewers who were happy here- maybe there are better rooms there that we were not offered? I would never, ever recommend this place to anyone. Pay a little more and stay somewhere else. The only thing the Hotel Iberia had going for it was a friendly front desk person. I wish I had taken photos but I was too horrified and we are not the pickiest people that expect fancy accommodations- budget is fine, but this was squalor.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bebops87018
Alton, Illinois
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Not absolutely horrible but definitely not great! We got moved to this hotel when another hotel (Tres Palmas Inn) was unable to provide us with a room because it was rain-damaged. We arrived at Iberia where we were told that the electricity had been out most of the day but occasionally coming on. Power was out in the neighborhood so this was not the hotel's fault but this was a very dark place to stay without power. On a good note, Christopher Columbus at the front desk was nice and helpful in providing information. When we got up in the morning and were ready to take a shower we discovered that the shower did not work. Only one faucet on the small sink worked and I was forced to wash my long hair and get cleaned up with only this tiny sink with one faucet which was not fun! The price for the room was actually higher than the price at Tres Palmas for a room not nearly as nice. What bothered me most is that despite the problems here, no electricity, no shower, etc. no refund (partial or otherwise) or attempt to right anything was offered by the hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple