We booked the cheapest room/ garden view and were suprised by the great ocean view staight ahead outside our window. The garden was below us, we were on the 6th floor and honestly i think we got a better view than the "ocean view, more expensive rooms". There are pros and cons to this hotel. ...
Pros: 1. walk to Old San Juan ( 2.5 miles) if you are active you can do this walk, we did it twice, took a cab back, that is alot of walking, bc in old san juan all you do is walk. 2. 4 restaurants right at the hotel, each restaurant had specials and if you walked in the door and looked at the menu you could get food at a decent price. I recommend Mortons their bar hours menu, was great and reasonably priced. 3. Pool was great, the hotel grounds were beautiful. oh, and 3 hot tubs! and a poolbar. 4. Service was great, we did not have any problems with that, cleaning staff was efficient and we always had towels. 5. Cabs always available on the spot. 6. Room was clean and very nice, bed comfy down comforter. Shower was wonderful, i want one like that at home.
Cons: 1. Hotel tax is extra. 2. Food and drinks at the hotel are way expensive, get your food elsewhere. Buy liquor or beer at the liquor store across the street. But take advantage of the specials at the hotel restaurants. 3. Cab fee's expensive. 4. Renting towels for the pool is annoying, they charge 20 bucks if you dont return it by 6 pm. just bring towels. 5. There isnt anything within walking distance from this hotel at night. you need to take a cab at night.
Overall I loved my experience in PR and this hotel was great! Just do your research and know the CONs going in then, they wont bother you as bad, bc you already know they are coming. We had a great time at Caribe Hilton and would recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic and iconic Caribe Hilton offers an ideal combination of leisure facilities and activities and is home to Caribar, the birthplace of the pina colada. The resort is situated on a private 17-acre lushly landscaped peninsula with a secluded beach and is located near the Old San Juan historic district and many of the destination's top attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel