“Huge suite!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Powell, Ohio
“Huge suite!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Very nice. Younger crowd and families. Rooms are spread out over large area so it's a walk to anything in the hotel as well as your room. Very nice and comfortable, though -- huge suite, balcony, kitchen, river view. Good location for shopping and restaurants. I can recommend.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joe C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,568)
  • Polish first
Astoria, New York
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

My iPad was stolen from my hotel room and since I did not use the safe the hotel did not show any empathy. The lock on my door was scanned and apparently no one had entered my room in the 3 hours I was gone. There were no explanations offered as to how my iPad would've just disappeared into thin air. I will NEVER visit this hotel again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jessica M
Oceanside, New York
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The Caribe Hilton is a beautiful resort. The beach and grounds are well kept and relaxing. I loved the coy fish pond with the beautiful swans and peacocks. I loved relaxing on the beach with the best Mojito's. Eating in the hotel can be expensive so I would recommend taking a short $12 cab ride to Old San Juan for some really delicious Puerto Rican cuisine. Make sure to try Raices for the absolute best Monfongo! Now back to the hotel. My room was in the main building and it had a breathtaking view of the ocean. A huge thank you to Mirta in housekeeping who always had a smile on her face every morning. She was wonderful!!! My fiance and I had such a great time and we cannot wait to return!! Thank you to the entire staff at Caribe Hilton for an awesome stay!

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room in the main building.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BetsyHS
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We booked for the first time through a "cheap" website and were wary about the quality of the hotel based on the price, even though Trip Advisor gave it a good rating. The rating from our point of view should be excellent. From the moment we arrived everything was perfect. Location is ideal - a short walk (15 minutes) across a lovely bridge to the Condado area, and only 3 blocks to the city bus ($.50) and a 10 minute ride to lovely Old San Juan. We typically like to sight see and the Caribe Hilton was so gorgeous that for 2 out of our 6 days they, we stayed and lounged around the 3 level pool, the gorgeous lagoon or the hammocks the overlook the ocean. Food was excellent at all the restaurants. I was not crazy about the some food at the Pan Asian place, some of the flavors did not appeal to me personally, but it was nice, exotic the service was excellent. Drinks were $10 at the swim up bar, but they were generous with the rum in the pina coladas. Wait staff were all so very nice and helpful. Maria, the Concierge, was delightful and gave us many help tips on what to o and what not to do.My only compliant was that the gorgeous glassed in shower leaked at the door so I had to put an extra towel there when I showered - not too bad, huh??!!?? Also. they had 2 Starbucks!!! - on off the gorgeous main lobby and one outside between the beach and the pool !

Room Tip: ask for garden tower facing the beach - we had room 962 - view from room and patio was delightful...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gary B
new jersey
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel was really beautiful the outside of the hotel doesn't look as nice, but when you enter to check in and when you go in to the back of the hotel OMG!!! What a view... the food is very expensive inside the hotel but if you catch a cab to Old San Juan there are many great restaurants to choose from and very close to the hotel.. is not a walking distance but is wonderful!!! We ate at Mojitos, Cafe Puerto Rico and we didn't try El Jibarito but we heard the food was good as well. The hotel staff was wonderful and everyone was very helpful. I miss this place!!! I def recommend this beautiful hotel!!!! Is a family resort as well and they have alot of activities for children but is not a party hotel which we loved.. Housekeeping was wonderful!!!!!!

Room Tip: wonderful resort!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank disneyjc
New York
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Truth be told, when we pulled up in our snack strewn rental, we felt like the Beverly Hillbillies. We saw women in evening gowns and men in tuxedos walking about. Uh oh, my wife said. We are just an average American family of four looking for some R & R. We like fancy, sometimes, but we had been on the island for a few days already over in Rincon (awesome!) so we were dressed down.
I checked us in, apologized to the valet for the mess in the car ($5 makes everything ok) and were brought to our room. It seemed like a very far walk. I think I agreed to pay an extra fee at the time I made the reservation with the deal being an upgrade for the entire stay if room was available, if not, I lose one night's upgrade price. Something like that, anyway. Well an upgrade was available and they put us in an incredible suite overlooking the lagoon with a partial ocean view. In any event, the hotel was fantastic. It was occupied but not to the point where a chair at the pool couldn't happen. Kids had a great time, wife had a great time so therefore I had a great time.
I did not pay whatever the fee was for wireless access in the room for two reasons. First, I don't want to pay for wireless access in the room and second, I wanted to unplug and spend some family time. Late each evening my son and I went to the lobby area where we always found a nice place to sit and connect to the free wifi. I answered some emails, he played some games for a short time and then we rejoined the girls.
Food as I recall was expensive but that is to be expected. We walked to a local breakfast spot off grounds each morning and had a good breakfast without feeling violated.
The few interactions we had with the staff were all positive. Everyone was nice and answered whatever questions we had.
All in it was a great hotel. Plenty of pool space, hammocks and even had a little swimming area that was protected by jetty's which significantly reduced the dangerous surf. We will return.

Room Tip: We were in an east facing tower overlooking the lagoon. We could see the ocean to our left and the c...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank JPCinNYC
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The resort is actually very beautiful. The service was mediocre at best. Don't expect to be treated as an appreciated guest. Plan on over spending on everything at the resort with the local beer costing $6 a bottle minimum and mixed drinks at least $9.50 for a small glass. The resort was very busy the whole time due to several conventions/conferences at the same time. Parking is ridiculous and over priced. Close to Old San Juan so this is a plus. Continental breakfast each day was offered or upgrade for $9 or more for hot breakfast if you get complimentary guest cards for this.

Room Tip: Top floor facing ocean for scenery. Quiet garden on bottom floor is okay.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Caribe Hilton during your visit to beautiful Puerto Rico.

We thank you for your feedback on the restaurants prices. We take your feedback very serious and will share them with our Management. We are deeply sorry that you felt disappointed during your stay.

We thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your prompt return.

Nelson Torres, Hotel Manager
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!