We stayed at the Caribe Hilton Aug 7 thru the 14 of 2013. The Caribe is beautiful we stayed in the tower and had a view overlooking the fort and the (second airport there) off to the right. Airport wasn't San Juan Luis Muñoz . Everywhere you looked was beautiful! The rooms were a little dated but the bathroom was awesome the glass door is not for everyone but when in the bathroom shut the door and lock if you need. We stayed with my 17 year old daughter and this was an excellant location for us! The beaches and the pools are awesome! They have boats, floats and snorkel equipment you can rent, but I felt they were too expensive. The Caribe would make more money if they lower prices on these items instead they were left on the shore and not making money! Seems a waste! We walked over to the Puerto Rican beach (on opposite side of Caribe) and bought a snorkel mask for $5.00 and that was the best money spent! My daughter stayed out there and looked at all of the beautiful fish for hours! The outdoor bathrooms were under renovation so maybe they had plumbing problem after we left. Since previous poster had plumbing issue.
The place was beautiful! The restaurants on site are pricier but that is to be expected at a resort. We rented a car the second day and found a Wal-mart close to the Rain Forest and on the way home stopped and got food items for breakfast and lunch so we didn't keep spending 25.00 for breakfast at Starbucks and buying pricy lunches. The coffee provided in the room is excellant! They provided us a refrigerator so that helped with buying cold things to eat! We thought Morton's was a miss but the Pina Colada Club was awesome and well worth the money! The on site gym is awesome! I got up just about every morning and went to exercise. We did ask concierge about doing different things but we just did things on our own! They provided us a brochure with tours to Rain Forest and tours to San Juan but these were really expensive for three people. Giancarlo rents cars across the street and he is wonderful! Rental is close to sub-way on corner. So we paid for a $50.00 car rental and the Rainforest is free! We took a $15 cab to old San Juan and paid $3 each to get in San Cristobal Fort and then walked around old San Juan and took $15 cab back. Some of the tours were like $90 each if I remember correctly and about the same for the Rain Forest. My daughter took a surf lesson with Danny Aguilera's Surf School and this guy is great! He took us over to the side of the Island where all of the authentic Puerto Rican food is located. Daughter had a tough time trying to get up on board so she stopped surfing and he had other students there so we figured were here for the day lets get in the line. The Puerto Rican People wait for up to an hour for this food! Well the location is a little bit on the questionable side but the food is awesome! We made friends in the line and some of the local Puerto Ricans started buying us beer! Wow! How welcoming is that! They are some of the sweetest people in the world! Shout out to Melissa and Peter from Brooklyn who have moved back to Puerto Rico to take care of family! Love Love Love them!
The Puerto Rican people are soo friendly and I wished we could have stayed longer! Overall, I thought Puerto Rico was paradise! I would definitely stay at the Caribe Hilton again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic and iconic Caribe Hilton offers an ideal combination of leisure facilities and activities and is home to Caribar, the birthplace of the pina colada. The resort is situated on a private 17-acre lushly landscaped peninsula with a secluded beach and is located near the Old San Juan historic district and many of the destination's top attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel